Clear all

Help....

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I didn't know exactly where to put this, so I decided to put it here.

Question: What can I do to put music that I have written, on my computer. I don't have much money(actually I don't have any).

Posted : 18/03/2007 7:24 pm
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

Assuming it's music you can play on your guitar - you need to beg, steal or borrow a microphone and then download a FREE multi-track recording program such as AUDACITY from: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Posted : 18/03/2007 7:34 pm
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I have to get a microphone? Is there no way that I can just plug my guitar into the computer.

Posted : 18/03/2007 7:57 pm
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

1/4 inch to 1/8th inch adapter at radioshack. Itll sound like shit but itll work.

aka Izabella

Posted : 18/03/2007 8:15 pm
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Ok, thanks. And by the way, what does poop sound like.

Posted : 18/03/2007 9:09 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

1/4 inch to 1/8th inch adapter at radioshack. Itll sound like poop but itll work.
:roll:

I've heard plenty of music here on GN that was recorded directly into the computer and I thought it sounded pretty darn good. Actually, much of it might have been recorded directly into the computer after going through an amp or a device such as a V-amp2.

I might even venture a guess that most of the music I've heard on GN was recorded directly in, rather than through a mic, but I might be wrong.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 18/03/2007 11:41 pm
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

If I jsut plug it into the back of my compy can I record it from there.

Posted : 19/03/2007 1:51 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I was waiting to see if someone more knowledgeable than I would post, but I'm pretty sure you can go straight into the back of the computer from the guitar, with the proper adapter.

I know we've had this discussion/explanation, even recently, so I went searching. Here's one thread that might be of help to you:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31655&highlight=vamp2

If you have trouble getting it set up, post it over on one of the other forums such as In the Studio or Mixed, Shaken and Stirred rather than Hear Here.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 19/03/2007 1:00 pm
(@mooseh)
Trusted Member

You can go straight into the back of your computer but I wouldn't advise going through the amp first if your going to do that as there is a good chance you'll blow your soundcard... Your best bet would be to take it from a pedal or something (thats what I did in our first recording, there is a link in my sig if you wanna hear the result)

Don't forget that a lot of your "tone" comes from your amp not just your guitar

http://www.myspace.com/happinessgunpoint

Posted : 19/03/2007 1:23 pm
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Well, my pedal is a line 6 so I can't rally plug it into the compy.

Posted : 20/03/2007 2:07 am