4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@innerdream)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello everyone

Hope you are all well

I have recorded a demo of a new song – Follow Me to Heaven – as always, your feedback on the song all areas (guitars, drums, vocals, lyrics, melody / harmonies, dynamics etc) is most welcome

The link is below

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=252119

Lyrics

Sometimes I see into the depths of this world
So many fears that are realised made me hear your voice
Calling to me to the depths of my soul
I was alone in the universe when I heard you say

Follow me to heaven and you will see your guardian angel shining bright
Follow me to heaven and you will know your dreams became reality

Follow me to heaven
Follow me to the light
You will find the answers
To the questions in your life

Sometimes I see all the darkness surrounding me
So many hearts that are cold inside made me hear your words
Calling to me to find the will to survive
I was alone in the universe when I heard you say

Follow me to heaven and you will see your guardian angel shining bright
Follow me to heaven and you will know your dreams became reality

Follow me to heaven
Follow me to the light
You will find the answers
To the questions in your life

(c) PFM 04/03/2007

Posted : 04/03/2007 10:03 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

do you know how that hurts my head on a sunday morning :( ......but really i think this is quite good, vocals are nice and one hell of guitar work going on 8) there. all best... smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 04/03/2007 11:30 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I usually label a song either as 'serious' or 'beginner steps'. This one definitely seems serious to me so I'll give serious critique, hope you don't mind.

1) Guitars. Very nice. Sometimes both rhythm guitars are out of time (intro), and one of the guitars needs to have the bass cut a bit. The solo guitar is wicked. I don't usually like tapping, nevermind tapping posted on internet fora, but you obviously have this great thought. Good choices of notes, well mixed with 'traditional' solos.

2) Vocals. Pretty good overall. The dynamics are a bit flat, espescially at the end where the music takes a step up the vocals seem to hang around on the same volume. Maybe use a bit more power in the end and compress it keept the overal volume the same while changing the timbre.

3) Drum. Okay'ish. I'm not too big on the samples, you need bigger and badder drums. It could use some powerfull double-bass work in the second half.

4) Bass. Okay'ish, again. Nothing really wrong but not much really cool either.

5) Lyrics/Melody. Very nice. At times it reminded me of Dream Theater. Not one of their songs in particular but more the general feel.

6) Harmonies. apart from the vocals there isn't really that much happening when it comes to harmonies, nor should it.

Overall a very good attempt in my book, it's just a shame that the drumm&bass don't really match up to the composition and vocal/guitar work. If you can get a better sample, add some drumriffs here and there and write a slightly more interesting bass-line this song would rock even better. As it is: good job! 8)

Posted : 04/03/2007 12:37 pm
(@innerdream)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for taking a listen and posting your thoughts

The comments are really appreciated - I agree that the guitar solos are the high point on the song - our lead guitarist Enrico is brilliant and his solos really add to the feel of my songs

The drums could be better - I've just downloaded PC Drummer which is much better than the samples I'm using at the moment

Posted : 04/03/2007 12:50 pm