Clear all

Laryngitis Vocals! 3 Videos!

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, I've been sick all week but I promised a video didn't I? Yep, you folks are right. I shouldn't care what anybody thinks of my poor vocals. Ummmm ... got the can't talk excuse and the link is the only way to see it. :oops: I haven't been in the ManCave much since I've been sick and working. Had a bunch of beer cans from our last night of pool piled on the steps ready to be taken care of. I tripped over them on the way down the steps and they went all over the floor. You can see them in the video. Ooops! Sorry, I'm not loaded in the video. It just looks as though I might be. With the way I'm feeling it is gingerale. (You can see the glass from that in the foreground.) :mrgreen: I chose the KISS song by Ace Frehley "Shock Me".

OK ... when I promise something I deliver! Added entries into this venue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqDFOzmsLkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n32JJy3v5vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do9fQSuMzqQ

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 03/02/2011 8:24 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

That is really cool - you look like you enjoyed it!

I thought it rocked and the way you played effortlessly while singing was impressive.
The video effect you had half way through for the solo was a great touch too!!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 03/02/2011 9:22 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks almann! Now I just need to learn to sing effortlessly while playing. :lol:

Posted : 04/02/2011 4:13 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Got into Kiss binge, did ya? I was much more mellow recently and got into a Pink Floyd binge. :D

+! to Al's commets regarding the effortless looking playing. Especially during that little pick scrape up the neck during one of the songs. It looked so non-challant if not downright boring to you. Ho-hum. riff-scrape-riff.......<yawn>

A Sinatra hat (Pedora?) and Kiss music doesn't mix. Gene's gonna be PO'd. :lol: :lol:

Nice playing, and <ahem>hats off for giving singing a go, especially while under the weather. Someone once said the melody is the song. I'm glad you included it. One of the songs, and I can't remember which one now, seemed like the vocals got better and more comfortable as it went along. Maybe the first one.

At any rate, good job as always. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/02/2011 2:05 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Roy! There was a reason for the KISS. All my guitars are set up detuned to Eb. When I was shopping backing tracks I needed something detuned and something I already knew how to play. My son said he wants to do some stuff and video it tomorrow night. We will see how that turns out. I really wanted to do a video with a drummer but figured we had time to do that. I guess I was wrong on that one.

Posted : 04/02/2011 5:51 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That ought to be fun, TR. I look forward to seeing it.

At least the drums, for me anyhow, are the easiest to replicate using software. I know it doesn't replace a band's drummer, but it's something.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/02/2011 6:24 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hmmm I haven't been to any man caves in New York in like forever.

I could be coaxed out east with plane fare, 3 meals daily, a BED to sleep on and a set of drums to play. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/02/2011 3:17 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Oh man! With you ..... we would rule the world!

Posted : 06/02/2011 3:54 am