Clear all

Love the Way You Lie - Eminem/Rhianna - Fingerstyle

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

This song is a BLAST to play. Although it's a rather touchy subject regarding Domestic Abuse in the original, which, with the passion that the both put into it, it's no wonder it's a hit.

I started my thumping and such in this song, hopefully it came across well, it was tough to EQ LOL. I have a knot on the heel of my hand from this at the moment LOL.

Guitar is tuned to Open Gm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwXl1KQVOI

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 13/04/2011 4:29 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Superb job as always joe!!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 16/04/2011 2:09 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Al! I appreciate you watching. This was my first tune using any sort of percussion consistantly throughout a song and different kinds as well. Good thing the transitions were easy to make and repetitive lol.

Posted : 16/04/2011 3:41 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

joe - i noticed the percussion and it made me wonder - i dont know if you do requests but would you ever consider a solo guitar version of more than words?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

Posted : 16/04/2011 3:53 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah. I. Can do that one! Ill try to have ir up in a couple weeks at tue latest. Its cake to play. At least my version is.

Posted : 16/04/2011 4:50 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

cool - its one of my favourites!!

thanks joe

Posted : 16/04/2011 4:52 pm
(@muchavo)
Estimable Member

great job

It must be getting early, clocks are running late....

Paint by number morning sky looks so phony....

Dawn is breaking everywhere light a candle, curse the glare....

Draw the curtains, I don't care 'cause it's all right....

Posted : 17/04/2011 12:24 am
(@alangreen)

Excellent sound Joe - and a really good musical performance as usual.

There's a small 6th string buzz at 0:50 but I'm sure you spotted that

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 17/04/2011 8:51 am
(@liontable)
Estimable Member

I loved the percussion actually, felt it really added to the song. I love using it myself, but it always looks so natural to you!

Posted : 17/04/2011 10:27 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Excellent sound Joe - and a really good musical performance as usual.

There's a small 6th string buzz at 0:50 but I'm sure you spotted that
Picky picky....GOSH! LOL. Yeah I just wasn't going to get hung up over it, I didn't think it detracted from the overall performance.

Thanks every one. Its quite fun to play! The percussion is slowly coming. I think Im going to try the Tommy P version of More Than Words give me a bit of a challange to work through as wells as working with some more percussion. At this point I have to do something that requires more than just finding the best fingerings. Its interesting because Im not a huge fan of percussion bit am kind of forcing it in order to become more versatile.

Posted : 17/04/2011 5:22 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Correction the version I was thinking of was the Michael Chapdelaine version....took a listen and actually HATE that version, too much going on that takes a way from the music, so I'll just do my easy peasy version, at least the melody stands out. It's short and to the point though.

Posted : 20/04/2011 2:52 am