Clear all

My CD (LB)

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@crub05)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi this is LB.......but i kinda lost my other account password or whatever....This is really really hard for me to post...but um....if anyone has time would they mind looking at my songs.....see if its worth taking um further or not.....i think they r rather ....um...rubbish to say the least but u have to ignore the bad producing (i recorded it at home)...etc....and my whiny singing voice lol....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/nemh_music.htm

So....if anyone could take a look?

Thanks

LB

Posted : 22/07/2005 2:30 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Man. I don't know how to say this without offending you. Have you listened to those tracks? Really! Your singing is really out of tune. I think it's better you find out now than have some A& R guy shoot you down. Not to mention the guitar is generally out of tune. Hve you considered getting someone else to sing it for you? I don't think the songs themselves are all that bad but they could be presented a little more palatably with someone else singing. Sorry to break it to you but it's better than lying I think. :oops:

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 22/07/2005 5:46 pm
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I gotta agree with Hueseph on this one... Really sorry... Actually the out of tune guitar annoyed me more than the voice actually... Try to tune your guitar, and then maybe look up some singing lessons... I can't really say any too bad about the singing as I'm not a singer myself, but maybe if you can get some recording software that has auto- tune or something, it might be better...

Keep working at it.. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 22/07/2005 6:26 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Kinda mixed bag. The songs are nicely written, no comments there. But the actual recording is so badly put together most people would never notice theyr are actually good written. If you ever want to take things further with your own sings you really have to demonstrate to those people you are serious enough to spend the 12 seconds tuning your guitar. As for the singing, ain't much now but will get better with practice.

So in short: There are plenty of good things in your songs, and the negative issues can all be worked out if you really want to. So good luck. Might be fun if you post back how your progressing.

Posted : 22/07/2005 7:20 pm
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

I'm with Arjen. I think they certainly have potential. Tune the guitar and then learn to match pitch to the guitar while you are singing. Figuring out a melody to sing will also help you keep it sounding good.

Seriously, keep up the good work. I think the songs are well-written, and you have an intresting voice...you just need to get it singing something that dosen't sound out of tune.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 22/07/2005 8:10 pm
(@crub05)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

...im only 17 give me a chance lol....nah...its no excuse lol....Thanks guys....i dunno wot happened......i dunno....but thanks for your honesty.....ill take heed

Posted : 22/07/2005 9:22 pm
(@fleeting_shadow)

Haven't you ever heard of the expression: ''If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything atall''? I especially point that in the first guys direction, who's rather puerile signature is particuarly ironic, as they appear nothing short of a 'kid' themselves.

I like the song. Don't suppose (especially the first guy) any of you have posted guitar & vocals? At any rate, these forums are designed for constructive criticism, not outright asperity; so I think that (again, esp the first guy) you are way out of line.

As for the tuning, alot of problems may be prevalent within the recording equipment; and in terms of the voice... the effect on it may also play a huge part in that.

Futhermore, and most fundamental; it is human nature to take on board what other people say, and therefore, in future perhaps you should choose your words wisely... as often opinions with no explanation or evidence to sustain them can often hurt, and shatter people's dreams.

Don't give up Crub.

Posted : 22/07/2005 11:23 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

When I was 17 I could do nothing at all, same goes for 99% of the world population. Just make sure you're getting better every year and you'll do fine.

Fleeting: Haven';t seen you around before, so welcome! Anyway, Hue has posted some recordings (I remember one including his voice: http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=9927 ) and if I was among the first guys, I have posted one of my songs here, including vocals ( http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=16013 ). Feel free to listen to it and give an honest response. Besides, IIRC Yoyo, Greg and I have all performed atleast once, and none here tries to shoot anyone's hopes down from the safety of his basement. A fair share of realism never hurts, and the poster here is young enough to improve if he finds out where his weaknesses lie.

But I agree, he shouldn't give up. Noone should give up guitar for anybody's opinion, and definitely not the opinions of some semi-anonymous folks on the internet.

Posted : 22/07/2005 11:23 pm
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

...im only 17 give me a chance lol....nah...its no excuse lol....Thanks guys....i dunno wot happened......i dunno....but thanks for your honesty.....ill take heed

I'm also 17...if you have some instant messaging stuff (either AIM or MSN) you can catch me on there and we could talk.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 23/07/2005 3:09 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

I won't apologize for saying what I said. I meant no harm. Personally I think that honesty helps us to grow. When people hide the truth from us, there's always a potential for us to make fools out of ourselves at bigger venues where we meet our critics face to face. I would like to prevent that from happening if I can. I did comment that the songs were fine. I still think the potential is there but you need to work on it before you go on ahead promoting it. You want people to take you seriously. Not as a hack. So plug away. Your ear will improve and so will your singing but today it is not at par. Thanks to Arjen by the way for stepping up in my defense. If you click on the www link down below you can hear some of my stuff. It is all too apparent that I could use some practice too. I don't deny that. But If we can't be honest with each other, then we're lying. Someone is eventually going to tell us the truth and the sooner the better and likely the less it will hurt and the sooner we can get over it and on to brighter and better things. MY two cents.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 23/07/2005 5:05 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I'm with Arjen. I think they certainly have potential. Tune the guitar and then learn to match pitch to the guitar while you are singing. Figuring out a melody to sing will also help you keep it sounding good.

Seriously, keep up the good work. I think the songs are well-written, and you have an intresting voice...you just need to get it singing something that dosen't sound out of tune.

I can't agree more :D Just keep doing it! :D DON"T GIVE UPI think you have some great songs and Your playing is not bad ( just get a $20 guitar tuner) YOU WILL get better :D :D so keep posting your tunes so we can follow your progress!!

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 23/07/2005 5:11 am