Clear all

My first solo effort

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@eclips3)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This is my first time recording a full track. I programmed the rythm track and recorded all the string instruments myself. Still very weak at mixing, but I guess practise makes better.

Hope you guys would care to comment

E

EDIT::: Ooops forgot the link

http://eclips3.dmusic.com/

The song is called Another You, more coming soon

Posted : 19/08/2004 9:02 pm
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member

that was really great, i enjoyed it

reminded me of sublime a little bit.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 19/08/2004 9:15 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Sounds good. Like your playing style. Great for a first effort.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 20/08/2004 4:27 am
(@polling)

Great!

Posted : 20/08/2004 9:49 am
(@eclips3)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys, I was kinda hoping for a bit of the constructive stuff, like...

Nice chords, but it would be more dramatic with a different bridge, try this "blahblahblah...

Thanks

E

Posted : 24/08/2004 2:16 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Thanks guys, I was kinda hoping for a bit of the constructive stuff, like...

Nice chords, but it would be more dramatic with a different bridge, try this "blahblahblah...

Thanks

E

Okay I listened a couple times and will give it a try:

Rhythm:

Lot's of good playing: tones, rhythms and lines in there. This is clearly a groove tune. After that groove is established, it should stay there and allow the lead player to do almost anything. But you are losing the groove in a couple places (e.g., coming out of bridge at the drum fill and the very end), which is very distracting until the listener re-synchs. If you can work up a more consistent rhythmic underpinning, it should really come together.

Lead(s):

Lots of the lead playing is quite good, especially after you relax and get into it in the last 2/3. The first 1/3 is good, but seems a little choked (nervous?).

At about the 1/3 point the two lead lines are stepping on each other. Mix-out one of them in that area, or re-record one to better complement the other (rhythm pattern).

In the beginning, let the rhythm establish itself with all instruments (perc., bass, R. guitar) for at least measure or two before bringing in a lead part.

Other:

Work on the end. Might be a good place to completely drop the rhythm guitar (you do some) and work a strong call-and-response with the bass, then hold the lead notes (as you do) and play a finishing line on bass.

It is good. You can make it better.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 25/08/2004 3:06 pm
(@eclips3)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This is exactly what I Was looking for, I'll revise and up the new version as soon as I get my home PC working again.

Thanks to all that replied, and to gnease for the very helpful comments :D

Posted : 25/08/2004 6:52 pm
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

The sound of the Rhythm guitar I don't like...sounds too 'fake', tone wise. And when the solo is really going nuts, the sounds don't seem to mesh well.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 26/08/2004 12:53 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

All in all, it sounded good. But, like previously posted, work on the end more.

Posted : 26/08/2004 3:17 am