Clear all

My Mind from Final Fantasy VIII

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

This was the first arrangement that I've done on my own. I think I'm also the ONLY person on youtube to cover this on the guitar....which is kind of cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMMctGtSS5o

It needs some work to get rid of the buzzing in a couple places, but I think it went okay. It's not long, and it's pretty simple, so I good place for me to start.

The audio was recorded into Audible while recording the video so that's where the audio is coming from.

Let me know what you think!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 30/07/2009 3:13 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hey Joe, what you doin' with that guitar in your hand? I mean now, learning or creating great new stuff!

You already got some good comments on youtube - yeah I read other's comments, which usually aren't flattering, then I pay no attention.

But your comments are good! You did a very nice job, creating a relaxing and emotionally or artistically stirring melody. Another nice musical work. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 30/07/2009 4:24 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks!

I wanted to give it a go on arranging my own version of a song from that series. I love the music from those games.

I think that it turned out okay with the exception of all the buzzes and such. Which I recorded again and there isn't any now, or it's light and you don't think twice about it. But that was just an audio version no video with that one.

The comments are pretty good for the final fantasy covers that I've done, which is pretty cool because some of the people that post are pretty hard core about things. I've gotten lots of bad comments though, I'm a glutton for punishment LOL. Some are actually constructive others are just berative.

Posted : 30/07/2009 7:10 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

you already know what i think of your fingerpicking - its very good.
but what impresses me most here is that this is your own arrangement - im guessing you figured this out by ear - which makes me quite envious :D

well done Joe - and a great choice of music!!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 30/07/2009 10:21 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I enjoyed very much! What is the make/model of that guitar? I want one!

Posted : 30/07/2009 10:29 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

but what impresses me most here is that this is your own arrangement - im guessing you figured this out by ear - which makes me quite envious :D

Thanks! Appreciate it! The thing with this is that the 2nd half of the song is taken from another song from the game that I'm learning as well, so I think it may be kind of cheating to get the sound :lol: I do have to say that I think that arranging things like this is not for me.....waaaaay to impatient for it and I don't really feel the reward as much as I think I should. After alot of searching I did find some tabs for it from an imported Japanese guitar book and it's kind of close but that arrangement uses alot of harmonics in it and just looks a bit too complicated for my taste.

Here's the original for anyone whos interested in hearing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoW1mmU2wfA

What is the make/model of that guitar? I want one!
If I had to be attached to one guitar this would be it for me. It's an Ibanez EWN28KOENT Classical

http://ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/model-EWN28KOENT

Love the way it sounds, especially when plugged in, the body is a bit thin but has a great sound anyway!

Posted : 31/07/2009 3:21 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice job there Joe! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 02/08/2009 4:21 pm