Notifications
Clear all

My Street - My first Ever Original

18 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

One thing that I didn't think was working was the bass kick on the 1 there is a "pre hit" that occurs an 8th before the 1. I think it weakens the rhythm. There is a lot of wondering behind the drums though. If I might offer a suggestion; the next thing you record, work with a click track through out and record each part with only the click track or the drums in playback - and also TAP THAT FOOT! you might be too concerned with the performance and your loosing the rhythm.
Style wise, I liked it a lot more without the "lead" guitar parts - maybe they are too prominent in the original. I thought the acoustic strumming part, though a bit off, might sound goo throughout the track instead of only towards the end. Couple of thoughts.

Posted : 24/08/2012 3:02 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Hey, you're welcome, Roy and congrats! :D

Don

Posted : 24/08/2012 3:43 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the suggestions, opinions and thoughts, everyone. Thanks for the extra listens, too. I'll keep all this in the back of my mind as I head forward to the next. This has been a tremendous learning experience.

I did bite off a pretty big project to be my first learning project, but I almost had to in order to include all the elements that I wanted to try. I had a mental list a mile long, and I kept adding to it.

It's already paying off as my next cover song is barely begun, but sounding tons better than anything I've ever done in the past.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/08/2012 6:44 pm
Page 2 / 2