Clear all

New bass and harmonica test - a little Dylan

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Spent an hour or so this afternoon trying out my new acoustic bass and recorded Knockin' on Heaven's Door. Added a little harmonica since I just got a set :D
http://soundcloud.com/hailcorduroy/knockin-on-heavens-door

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 04/06/2011 2:51 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Very good! I like the choice of song too. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 04/06/2011 4:25 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Cool! That was good. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 04/06/2011 9:50 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I can never hear this song enough.
Good job.
I encourage you to sing more . . . it will strengthen your voice.
So you did guitar, voice, harmonica, and bass?
Very impressive!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 04/06/2011 11:51 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

As KR2 says, "very impressive".

I dug it all. I don't know why, but sometimes when I do this song, I play an instrumental verse in between the first and second parts. If I could blow some harp, I'd do just that in between the 1st chorus and 2nd verse in addition to intro and outro.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/06/2011 2:39 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks, all. I've really been trying to work on my singing. I'd like to be able to at least sing a little during these acoustic jams me and a buddy have been having. I still haven't got the courage to sing in front of people though.

Roy, I was going to do an instrumental part in between the verses, but for some reason I kept having trouble keeping track where I was in the song when I was recording the first track (guitar), so I just simplified and did the intro and outro thing. I'd like to redo the song with my son "live" and we'll do an instrumental break for sure.

KR, I did all of them, but not all at the same time :D. I am thinking about getting one of those harmonica holders.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 04/06/2011 4:22 pm