Clear all

New Original Tune

13 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

My weekly jam sessions with my buddy Pat have resulted in a "completed" song. Now, by complete, I mean this is test 4 of no telling how many more tweaks, but I'm putting this out there anyway. There are still some final mixing tweaks that he wants to make, but I'm impatient and want some feedback.

So, tell us what you think!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7056178

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 13/11/2008 2:13 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great tune Jason! I really like the guitar tone, and the dynamics of the song. Vocals are good too. The ending is really abrupt. Maybe something can be done there? I can definitely hear you guys jamming this one on stage! 8) 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/11/2008 11:14 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Great tune Jason! I really like the guitar tone, and the dynamics of the song. Vocals are good too. The ending is really abrupt. Maybe something can be done there? I can definitely hear you guys jamming this one on stage! 8) 8)

Thanks for the kind words Dan!

Yeah, the ending may need some work, and it has been discussed. Any suggestions?

Jason

Posted : 13/11/2008 3:22 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yeah, indeed! Nice guitar tone! :note2:

Nice rhythm and nice dynamics, too. I like the songs with dynamics.

For the ending, perhaps you just can play the riff a couple of times and finishes all the instruments together. Just an idea.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted : 15/11/2008 1:30 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Maybe another little solo, and then a big classic rock song ending - you know - when everyone keeps bashing out the root chord, and then hold the guitars high in the air for a final :note2: :!: :twisted: ? Just a thought. :)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/11/2008 12:16 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Wow.

That sounds like a song from an established band's CD

That's good.

Posted : 16/11/2008 12:45 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Nice melody
Kinda one dimensional though.
Both guitars are following the melody when one should be going off in a different direction so the listener can follow both . . . especially around the "Got it" . . . you can hear the vacuum . . . the lack of another thread to follow . . . kinda of a hole there . . . that's what makes it one dimensional . . . most everyone multitasks nowadays . . . . it's kinda expected in music.
But the melody is coming across real strong. I liked it.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 16/11/2008 1:00 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks for listening everyone!!

Nuno and Dan, we'll certainly work on the ending. Thanks for the suggestions! (I particularly liked the holding the guitars over our heads thing. Think that would come across in the mix?) :D

Nick, thanks for the high praise!! Pat has spent a TON of time mixing it (hell, he's still working on it). He's learning a lot about the process. I'm trying to learn how to master, which this track has not had done to it. And here I thought the recording was the long process!!! :wink:

Ken, I suppose it is kinda one dimensional. We were trying to go for an old school rock song. Simple, not a lot of changes, in your face kinda thing. In other words, not complicated. Who wants to sound like everyone else anyway? :wink:

Thanks again for the input everyone. At this stage, the song is still a work in progress. Pat has already recorded new vocals (a little harsher sounding he tells me) and has played with the ending. We are maybe one version away from a "final" version. I'll update the song and post here once that version has posted.

Jason

Posted : 16/11/2008 4:56 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Nice one! Not too much real rock on here so pretty cool to here. Looking forward to the new version. 8)

Posted : 16/11/2008 6:53 pm
(@guitar_guy)
Eminent Member

cool. good rhythm, catchy

nice work

http://www.jammingbudz.com/jamming-space/GuitarGuy

Posted : 16/11/2008 6:59 pm
(@elpantalla)
Honorable Member

That's a chunky tone right there. Sounds like some mid 70's classic rock.

Nice rhythm, and I really like the chorus parts, with the extra vocals shouting.

Rocks.

One chord is fine.
Two you're pushing it.
Three and you're into jazz.

Posted : 16/11/2008 8:54 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

OK, the final version is up. I think his new vocals fit the song much better! There are a few spots that have been fixed, and overall just a tighter mix. He did a great job with the mix (I know he's lurking out there!).

The ending, I believe, we are going to leave as is. He added a little female "umph" and drum at the end. We'd have to do some more recording at this point to make it longer, and I think we are both just ready to move on to our next songs (we have two others that are at various stages of being finished).

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to listen and give feedback. It is much appreciated.

Jason

Posted : 16/11/2008 9:00 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Is there anyone out there that would want to take a shot at singing this tune? I could post up a track minus vocals and provide lyrics.

My buddy did a great job singing this ('specially for a non-singer), but we are both curious what this song would sound like with an actual singer singing it.

The only thing we could give you is full recognition and credit if we used your track.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Jason

Posted : 26/11/2008 3:19 pm