New original - Wolf

14 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

This a song my daughter wrote and sings with her band Vega. (OK it's just two people). They have about 10 originals now and of course since I am her father I am obligated to promote these...HA

Anyway the song is called Wolf and it is the first on the list:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=798024

Opinions welcomed please. Warning - There is no guitar in this track

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 02/01/2013 7:38 pm
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Wow. Very good. Gave it a very brief peruse, but very good. I'll listen again when I can.

Posted : 02/01/2013 7:46 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

It sounds pretty good! I like it :D

Thanks for sharing.

Posted : 02/01/2013 9:21 pm
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

Nice :D. Really enjoyed that

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 09/01/2013 11:07 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks for listening wish some more people would.

Posted : 29/01/2013 12:08 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

This is nice, cnev. I dig the minimalist style against that slow electronic beat. Her voice steals the show, though. Top notch. I wonder how it would sound against a darkened up guitar based atmospheric music. Maybe one of those dark chord progressions with two minor chords in it. Whatever, I'm rambling. Good stuff and I'm sure you're a proud daddy. 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/01/2013 2:10 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Roy thanks for the listen. yea I thought about trying to throw some guitar on there but I haven't had the time to try it.

They had a guitar player when they started but their music isn't really guitar driven so the guy quit. I guess I don't blame him.

This was recorded in a bedroom, they went to Philly to record at a friends house who has some kind of studio setup but he never returned her call when she got there so they just recorded it in the bedroom.

I think she has a pretty good voice and I'm a little jealous cuz I can't sing much at all. :D

She told me they have 4 more new songs. That's the other thing she's good at she's been writing poems and stuff for years and now she's turning some of them into songs.

She has another song that I think is one of their best it's a little more pop style and upbeat alot different then the electronica stuff they do.

Posted : 30/01/2013 2:23 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

There were some spots that missed in the mix department. Pretty easy to fix up. The talent is so good that the awkward mixed bits didn't bother me like they nromally would.

I'll check out some of the others. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/01/2013 3:07 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

anything out there now is old except for that song. Hopefully she will give me some new ones soon.

I just bought her one of these I'm hoping to play around with it myself maybe use it with the new band if we can.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tc-helicon-voicelive-touch

Posted : 30/01/2013 7:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That's a neat looking tool. Will that do post-tracking from a DAW, kind of like guitar re-amping, or do you have to send in new vocals each time you want to try something different?

Roy

Posted : 30/01/2013 8:10 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

She has a very nice voice and the it fits the music well.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 31/01/2013 2:41 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the listen Jeff

Roy don't know much about it other than you can loop vocals, add your own harmony etc. There is a guitar input also.

There is a girl singer from Australia Kimbra who uses that thing alot.

After having read the reviews functionaly it got good ratings but almost every poster said the instructions were crap and it's somewhat complicated to learn. :shock:

Posted : 31/01/2013 12:17 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sometimes those types of units have forums that are better resources than the manuals. The GT-6 I had came with a manual that would have been much more useful if it were thin enough to use in the bathroom. Later editions (GT-10 and GT-100) saw vast improvements.

What's she using as a DAW to record with?

Roy

Posted : 01/02/2013 12:00 am
(@jasonrain)

It sounds pretty good! I like i

Posted : 03/04/2013 5:58 am