Clear all

Nick's latest in the top 10 at Soundclick

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I have no idea whether that is easy to do or not, apparently it can't be that hard.

Anyway, if you'd like to give "it's not a love song" a listen it's the first one on my soundclick page.

http://www.soundclick.com/nfshakespeare

By the way, the Sunday Songwriter's Group here on guitarnoise is the reason that song exists. Come check it out, anyone can join in at anytime. You get topic ideas, free advice, critiques etc and every so often you might surprise yourself and come up with a decent song, just like me.

Posted : 11/11/2008 11:57 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hey Nick, just bumped into your new songs on myspace yesterday and this one was among em. Just listened again to help with the charts. ;) It's a very easy listenable tune, quite cool. But to be honest I'm not too fond of the piano sound, how did you record that? For the rest a cool collection of songs!

Posted : 11/11/2008 12:48 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Congrats, Nick
You're off with a bang for year 7 SSG.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 11/11/2008 3:27 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great job Nick! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 12/11/2008 10:19 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

hey. nice charting! i too post on soundclick and have gotten a few in the top ten. i know my abilities are challenged and am surprised as well as pleased that my songs chart so well. I have to think it is the number of views that does it. but who cares how we get up there. it sure feels nice.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 12/11/2008 10:52 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

From what I remember it's some sort of average of the total views of the last days, which each IP being counted only once a day. A particularly lame thing is that if you change the genre of your song you don't lose your highest position. So if you upload it as 'political talk' you'll need about 10 views to get to #1, after which you change to a crowded genre and claim you once were king. :P There's more stuff like that. The rock charts seem fairly ok but the overcrowded hiphop charts are completely rigged and fake.

Posted : 12/11/2008 11:19 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Political Talk huh? Hmmm, I sense an acoustic political talk song coming soon. :D

I agree the piano is wrong. Listening to it now I hear I sped up am 80bpm track to about 110. The poor guy playing the arpeggios is having a heart attack, at least it sounds that way.

Posted : 12/11/2008 12:24 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Catchy title too.
I think I'll name my next song . . . . "This is Not a Rap Song"

No, better yet . . . "This is Not a Good Song" . . . full disclosure is a good thing.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 13/11/2008 1:16 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Nice song Nick!

Yeah I'm not sure how it works, the song that was worked on by myself and arjen, nuno, and gerry ended up being #14 in the pop/adult contemporary genre. I wonder if they give preferential treatment to new songs that are posted?

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 13/11/2008 3:23 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice song Nick! And nice voice, too! I think I didn't listen you previously. Perhaps I did in some of the videos in which you play with David and the others but the sound quality is much better here.

Thanks for sharing!

Posted : 15/11/2008 12:23 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nice song there !

I especially liked your pic in the song. Lol don't mind me...

Good effort. I am sure many of us here have rocked the Soundclick charts at some point of time or other and it does feel good.

Keep em coming more. :D

Posted : 16/11/2008 5:16 am