Pink Floyd rip-off in progress.

21 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

http://www.joinedartists.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b=13,m=1094339525

I apologize profusley but here's another in progress. The good news is that I WILL finish this one!

Btw, if you can't understand the lyrics, I wouldn't worry about it. They arn't saying much.

The levels are off a bit, on the vocals part in particular.

Let me know what you think.

*btw.-The bass line isn't anything really, jsut me trying out different ways of playing it. I'll put something more solid in there.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 04/09/2004 11:34 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

You link no workie. I can no risten.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 05/09/2004 1:55 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It works for me. It takes you to a post on another board then you need to click on the pink.mp3 where it says attachment.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 05/09/2004 2:00 am
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

It works for me too. It leads to a thread on joinedartists in which I attached the song. Look near the top, next to my username (pencil soldier).

( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 05/09/2004 2:16 am
(@marshall)
Trusted Member

screw that, it wants you to register just to access anything from that site. forget it! sorry, you got any other way to post your song?? how about Dmusic.com at least you can use a direct link and no one has to register.

All you know about me is what I've sold you. I sold out long before you ever heard my name.
I sold my soul to make a record, Dip sh#t, And you bought one. ~Maynard James Keenan~

Posted : 05/09/2004 5:24 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Step away from the crack pipe. You don't have to register. As it has been stated, the link takes you to a posting where at the top it says pink.mp3 click the link and you're there.

Posted : 05/09/2004 5:48 pm
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

So, *ahem* any comments on the song itself? :D

Posted : 05/09/2004 6:34 pm
(@marshall)
Trusted Member

Step away from the crack pipe. You don't have to register. As it has been stated, the link takes you to a posting where at the top it says pink.mp3 click the link and you're there.

SCREW YOU :evil: when i first went there it wasn't directly to that thread. now when i go it says the download is 18.1megs, NOT GONNA DO IT!

and you can take your crack pipe comment and shove it up your loose big fat......you know what!! :twisted:

All you know about me is what I've sold you. I sold out long before you ever heard my name.
I sold my soul to make a record, Dip sh#t, And you bought one. ~Maynard James Keenan~

Posted : 05/09/2004 11:39 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Touchy! Maybe trade the crack pipe in for some prozac. I was just kidding. Time to relax and have a cup of tea. I went to the site three times before I saw the link. Somebody had to explain it to me step by step as you can see above.

Posted : 06/09/2004 12:00 am
(@marshall)
Trusted Member

I was thinking more like Zoloft! :shock:

Posted : 06/09/2004 1:25 am
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

....Is size a problem then?

Posted : 06/09/2004 11:58 am
(@marshall)
Trusted Member

well, ok , after an extremelly long time waiting for it to download cause it was soooooooooooo huge of a file...i can say it has a pink floyd flavour, but i wouldn't say it sounds just like them. it's a nice long song which i like. i think your vocals are slightly off key though, maybe you meant for it to be this way. i dunno. but the music is pretty good!

Posted : 06/09/2004 12:28 pm
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Well I know for a fact that I'm not off key ( I've got a little pitch correction software that hsows you how far off you are. I wasn't ever more than 13 cents off, so I didn't bother with pitch correction), but I know what you mean, how it sounds 'off' somehow. I think it's becuase of the microphone- I sing into one of those cellphone mics to record! :oops:

Any other comments anybody?

Posted : 06/09/2004 7:34 pm
(@sigil)
Eminent Member

Wow, I didn't even remember I had signed up there (my "do you want to sign in" thing glowed) Great server speed (186kb second!) I wish all the sites I went to were that fast.

Yes, it had essence of Pink. Although I did feel nearly all the instruments were in the center of my head, it was a nice effect on the guitar. The piano? I think was a bit muffled, something more along the lines of a high toned Steinway off to the right ear and more distant in the background would have been ideal. It (to me) seemed the bass and piano were competing for the same spacial field. All around it has a nice harmony to it, would definatly make some good chill back (not in the ambient way) music to hang out with. But then again I wallow in creating progressive keys.lol.

Thanks for the listen! 8)

Sigil is in creation mode

Posted : 09/09/2004 7:42 am
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the comments man! It's great to get some useful feedback. :D

Posted : 11/09/2004 4:26 pm
Page 1 / 2