Notifications
Clear all

Pink Floyd rip-off in progress.

21 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hmmm... You're on to somthing with it. You might wanna do somthing about the competing bass and piano, like a few others have said.

The guitar soloing seems a tincy bit off, or somthing else in the song is throwing it off. I dunno, hard to say. Maybe it's just me, but it [i[almost sounds like it's playing a half step off or somthing.

Also, the backing accoustical guitar sounds like it's got some pretty fresh strings on it. You might wanna use some older ones to get a mellower tone out of it. The tone is too zingy for the song and doesn't fit as well.

Posted : 13/09/2004 1:38 am
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Intresting..the strigns are actualy quite old. I haven't done any eq whatsoever on the thing though. I'm actualy planning on re-doing the song with a drummer friend of mine. Except soemthing shorter, more cohesive, and more lyrics that are actualy meaningful.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 13/09/2004 3:06 am
(@sigil)
Eminent Member

Are you using a voice mic on it? Like a Cardoid?

Sigil is in creation mode

Posted : 13/09/2004 4:18 am
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

If your talking about the aucostic, then that is just plugged straight into the computer. Behold the beauty of Ovation.

Voice is recorded through a cellphone mic.

Bass and Electric are plugged straight in.

Drums are loops.

( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 14/09/2004 2:46 am
(@sigil)
Eminent Member

yeah, all my instruments are plugged straight in as well (guitar and vocals anyway). You might want to check out Antares Microphone modeler, it worked wonders for my acoustic.

Sigil is in creation mode

Posted : 15/09/2004 6:09 am
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Little pricey. :(

Posted : 15/09/2004 10:40 pm
Page 2 / 2