Clear all

Refugee - Lexington Lab Band

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

For episode 11 The Lexington Lab Band is covering a favorite for all of us, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Hope there is something in the series you like - thanks for listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW3oPvK2XdU

Posted : 18/02/2015 1:59 pm
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Excellent work ! I really enjoyed this one having covered it way back when it came out with my first band , which included two of my brothers . Good memories and great music !
I am curious about one thing , are you guys a gigging band in some way with a rotating cast of characters or just a lab experiment ? It's obvious you have a lot of extremely talented musicians at your disposal .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

Posted : 19/02/2015 1:33 pm
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

thanks for checking this out! it does bring back a lot of memories doesn't it - such a huge hit.

we do not gig - we started the project just as a lab kind of project. we pick artist we want to cover - work on the tunes individually for a few weeks, get together and rehearse one night and shoot the vids the next.

We did play one live show in Lexington last year and we were thankful it was a big success and hope to do it again in Oct. of this year.

Posted : 20/02/2015 12:35 pm