Clear all

Released our first live album

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well, it's actually our 3rd live release, but the others have been official bootlegs just thrown out there in a zip file. This one, we created album artwork, mastered the audio and included some bonus goodies.

You can listen online or download it (name your own price, and yes, free is valid). It's called "Under the Blacklight because we did the entire show using only blacklights.

http://spookhand.bandcamp.com/album/under-the-blacklight

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 11/04/2010 7:13 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Cool! I like Rock 'N roll Zombie. 8)

Congrats and success too, Rock On and git 'r done!

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 11/04/2010 1:09 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

congrats. cool zombie stuff. zombie stuff is cool. you know what you are about and do it well.
rock and roll zombie party is good too. I am attempted to request your version of Heartbreak Hotel. :note2:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 11/04/2010 2:16 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

congrats. cool zombie stuff. zombie stuff is cool. you know what you are about and do it well.
rock and roll zombie party is good too. I am attempted to request your version of Heartbreak Hotel. :note2:

Thanks dog and Blue Jay. Rock n' Roll Zombie is usually our closer (and crowd favorite). I talked everyone into opening with it this show and thought it worked well as an opener too. That version of Zombie party is a 2nd mix I just did. I had an effect on the vocals that sounded terrible on some systems. Our guitarist is re-recording his parts for a "final" version. We hope to have a full length recorded by fall.

We've talked about taking an old non-punk song and covering it. A few we've had on the list are Maxwell's Silver Hammer (actually went as far as doing a demo of this one), Sam Hall (basing it on Johnny Cash's version) or Cash's 25 Minutes to Go.

Posted : 11/04/2010 6:20 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Great. Enjoying this. Will see about getting pay pal set up and grabbing me a copy.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 12/04/2010 1:51 am
(@bandit_matt)

Well, this country boy doesn't care much for that type of music in general, but!

It sounds solid; I can tell there's skill *and* feeling going into the music. Good work.

"I'm done with school and being a boy scout, and too smart to take up smoking. Gimme a guitar and a motorcycle!"
-Washburn D10S
-Fender Nashville Telecaster
-Gibson Les Paul Studio

Posted : 14/04/2010 12:23 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Cool man, sounds good, great job on the live album!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 16/04/2010 3:23 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well, this country boy doesn't care much for that type of music in general, but!

It sounds solid; I can tell there's skill *and* feeling going into the music. Good work.

Thank you, that's a great compliment. I'm pretty much a country boy, myself. I grew up in the country raising goats.

Posted : 16/04/2010 11:35 pm