Sloppy?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hey, everybody O_O.

It has been a looong while since I came around here.

Anyhow, I've kept playing and studying music :D. So always when I play I am hard on myself, not so much on speed because I am not a speed-oriented player, but more on general sloppyness. I have no other english word to describe it. Like I'll do something that is too complicated for me and it sounds sloppy. Sometimes this is a kind of desired effect. Like a hipster sloppy sound that celebrates the chaos and falls back into time eventually, but sometimes it isn't desired and I hate it -____-.

But anyways, could you guys listen to this and give me whatever pointers you can think of in regards to technique. Whatever comes to mind. It is just a random thing in D improvising and whatever and it is in an acoustic guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb4mlzMPWZI

Thank you in advance :D

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 08/01/2013 8:23 am
(@peaveyusa)
Estimable Member

You are right about one thing; you are to hard on yourself. I found that up lifting very groovey cool. You had that spanish flamenco kinda blues thing going and it sounded good to me. But them I'm probably not skilled enough to give you the opinion your after.

Posted : 08/01/2013 11:39 am
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

You are right about one thing; you are to hard on yourself. I found that up lifting very groovey cool. You had that spanish flamenco kinda blues thing going and it sounded good to me. But them I'm probably not skilled enough to give you the opinion your after.
Ditto that. I liked it, and much cleaner than I can do.

Paul B

Posted : 08/01/2013 1:13 pm
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Thanks to both of you on your feedback and to whomever moved this to the correct forum

Spanish flamenco? O_O it sounded like that to you? xD. Cool. I've heard a lot of stuff ( as in people say it sounds like a lot of different stuff), but I had never heard spanish flamenco as one of them.

I guess being Mell Rivera Diaz ( thats my full name ) I got something from the spaniards that I did not know xD

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 09/01/2013 1:12 am