Notifications
Clear all

Some mp3`s of my last gig !!

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@reivax)
Topic starter

Well people, I`ve been quite busy lately and havent visited this forum much... but now I offer some crappy mp3 files from my last gig :oops: ...last saturday night. It was in a medium size pub and we were only two guys with electric guitars (My Squier Strat and a Epiphone LP) using two crappy 15W amps...

Sound was not the best, but we have to gig with what we have...thats life.

I finished the show with the song "Lenny" from SRV... my favorite from him. I had a hard time cause I only knew the basic structure of the song, so I had to improvise almost all the solo...and I managed to improv some blues in E at the middle of the song.... For those that know the song, please bare in mind this is my version of it :shock: but people seemed to like it...

The link to download is :

http://xgpperu.dmusic.com/music/download/154081/.ec8066e7

If u want to hear other songs like : "Pride & Joy" (SRV), "Change the world" (Clapton), "Drive" (Incubus), please feel free to download AND COMMENT if u want... no insults please :lol: from this web page :

http://xgpperu.dmusic.com

Thx guys for taking some time to listen. For those who dont want to listen...congrats..u saved ur ears..lol :lol:

"The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom." (W.Blake). "Excess playing will take u further..."

<< Reivax >>

Posted : 12/08/2004 8:43 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I liked it, sounded very good to me. That was a pretty good recording too.

Hey, the crowd liked it, you can't do any better than that.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 12/08/2004 2:49 pm
(@reivax)
Topic starter

thx Wes, I appreciate ur comment...

Someday I will learn the entire song with details cause its just a great song, and I think I kinda ruined it by improvising so much.

"The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom." (W.Blake). "Excess playing will take u further..."

<< Reivax >>

Posted : 12/08/2004 7:02 pm
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Hey I like the stuff you have posted on dmusic!

You did a great job on "Drive" by Incubus. But in my opinion, I think your playing (I'm assuming that you were doing all the lead parts...) was taking the focus away from the song. During the gaps when the singer wasn't singing, the lead guitar fit. But during the verse and whatnot, I think that it was a little misplaced. The temptation for alot of lead guitarists is to wail on guitar for the whole song. But a well placed lead segment will have more meaning than someone improvising through the whole song. Also, in no way am I insulting you or your music. Just a comment.

Later,

Ryan

Gun control is using both hands!!!

Posted : 13/08/2004 1:43 am
(@reivax)
Topic starter

Hey Audioslaveaddict whats ur problem?? I`m kidding... :lol: You are totally right. I really messed that song up... I was nervous..it was the first of the show... and I tend to solo over an entire song when I`m freaked out...go figure.

Thx for the critic cause it happens to me lots of times. Beware of this people, the singer may suffer from this kind of errors. In this case he was so nervous that he asked..hey man...what happened to ur solo? I didnt heard nothing... haha.

Well, thx again for listening

<< Reivax >>

Posted : 13/08/2004 6:38 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

hey men !
Nice fukin shit !!!
SAY WAHHH ???

SAY YEEEEEEEE

Posted : 13/08/2004 6:46 am