Stairway To heaven Cover

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

http://richmusic.dmusic.com

i miced the amp instead of going direct, hopefully it sounds better.

vocals are part of the back track, i do the guitar.

i decided to just focus on guitar, and work quietly on singing until im confident i can post it here, so thats why i chose a backtrack with vocals allready on it.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 06/10/2004 12:33 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Nice job Rich, it really sounded nice. How/where to you find backing vocal tracks without the guitar in them.

I want to record some stuff like that myself but I can't sing so it would be fun recording a backing vocal track like that.

Anyway really nice keep it up.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/10/2004 12:19 pm
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

guitarbt.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 06/10/2004 8:23 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Rich

Very nice job, I enjoyed that very much. That is quite an accomplishment to get this song down. It is a lot of guitar. Keep up the great work.

Wes

Posted : 07/10/2004 5:17 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Rich,

Thanks for the link. How do you import the mP3 file to record with it?

What software are you using? Do you have to convert the mP3 file to some other file type first?

Sorry for all the questions,

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 07/10/2004 11:37 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Very nice stuff man, I'd say its almost close to perfect, (not that I know the song that well, but as far as i can tell i couldnt find anything wrong) except, in the 2nd half of the solo. That was the only problem area I noticed. Two moves in there, the first, coming right after the

(E) b15 15 12
(B) b15 13 13 b15 (realse bend) pull off onto 13 13
(G) 14 14

Is the way to play that part (right aroiund 6:61 seconds in ur version)

And then, the only other part was the end move of the solo. I think you have it right, you just need to work on it.

But just incase, its

(E) 20 pull off onto 17
(B) 17

(repeat this riff a few times, and finish it by bending 20 on E)

Other than those 2 slight errors, it was next to perfect as far as I could tell. Very well done man. This took major balls, cause its such a popular song that people could tear it to shreads, but really nothing bad to say about it, great job.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 07/10/2004 8:09 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Keep working on it Rich. You're getting much better. The rhythm is pretty solid and as far as I'm concerned that's what really counts. |The solo's missing a lot of note's and inflections but just keep working on it and it will come along. your hard work is paying off.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 09/10/2004 4:34 am
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

i use my boss br864's import feature to import the back track to track 1, then i use the other tracks to do stuff over it.

Posted : 11/10/2004 1:37 pm
(@eclips3)
Eminent Member

Lovely Stuff xSkaStyleex, only one gripe, the guitar is a bit too loud on the recording during the singing. Try lowering the volume a tiny bit during the vocals, not much, just a wee bit. Otherwise a great performance, and keep 'em coming.

Nic

Posted : 12/10/2004 6:49 am