Clear all

Sweet Home Alabama

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@timezone)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Spurred on by NotTheGuy's suggestion, and by the fact that I haven't recorded myself for a while (and I know I really should do this more often), here's me playing the intro to Sweet Home Alabama. No soundclick or dmusic account (and too lazy to register), so here's a straight linky to an mp3 instead: http://home.earthlink.net/~gmtarr/sweet_home_alabama.mp3 .

Now my own comments to start off I guess. I think it sounds a little bit rushed. You can probably hear some frustration too, it was only about the twentieth attempt at recording it. I kind of wish I had kept some of my earlier attempts, which, while they had some more obvious foul-ups, sounded smoother, and not as rushed. But other than that, I think it sounds not too bad.

TZ

Posted : 13/08/2006 8:40 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Good for you for posting!

Nice tone, too.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 13/08/2006 10:02 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Great you've joined the recording crew. Recording is a great way to monitor progress and prevent too much frustration. APart from the indeed somewhat rushed timing the playing was pretty good. However, it does seem your guitar wasn't tuned that well, you might want to make sure your guitar is tuned every time you hit the record button. Somewhat a waste of your performance.

How about recording this again in a few days, but with the rhyhtm of the first verse as well? We might even end up with a fun track we could all practice our leads over. :D

Posted : 13/08/2006 10:11 pm
(@timezone)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Bugger. You're right, the G string is a little flat, I'd been bending it earlier. Truth be told, the strings are kind of old, and I"ve been putting off changing them, so they just don't hold a tune very well any more. Time to restring it, I guess, and I'll try to get another cut on it next weekend, maybe going a little further, like Arjen suggested.

TZ

Posted : 13/08/2006 11:51 pm
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Here's a tip record it several times straight through and pick the best track. You'll be alot more relaxed after you play a few times in a row.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

Posted : 15/08/2006 3:27 pm