5 Users
0 Likes
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Here is a link to my SSG assigment for this week:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=328886&songID=5341587
Whats interesting for me about this song is that the guitar is tuned DADGAD which gives it that distinctive sound.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 14/05/2007 8:48 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i like this. sounds good.

Posted : 14/05/2007 10:14 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very cool Paul. I especially like the droning sounds from the DADGAD tunning. 8) :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 15/05/2007 2:44 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

hey brill paul, clear recording great timing,and you have an effortless vocal....it works for me...smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 16/05/2007 6:49 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Pearl, Dan & Smoke,

thanks for the feedback. Dan, yeah the droning is a nice effect with that tuning. Smoke the vocals were'nt all that effortless I can tell you, in fact there are couple of "I must redo that bit" parts in there. I was trying to sing it so that the voice and the bass note merge and you cant tell when it transitions. But getting that low wasnt without its challenge.

cheers

Paul

Posted : 17/05/2007 2:50 am
 tree
(@tree)
Trusted Member

Nice job! The drum song is pretty interesting, definitely has the "Buddhist" sound going on.
I checked out a few of your other songs too. There's a lot of enjoyable stuff, but I really liked "Santa Monica".

Keep up the good work!

so many places that are hard to see
so many places that aren't
so many places we want to be
so many times we are not

Posted : 18/05/2007 8:53 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks tree,

Santa Monica is one of my favourites, and is close to my heart. It is based on an afternoon spent there at the beach before heading off to LAX and a midnight flight back home after spending a week in Los Angeles.

cheers

Paul

Posted : 18/05/2007 10:00 am