The Pusher and last nights jam

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ok so we got together with another guitar player we used to play with early on and jammed last night.

Joey is a good guitar player but sticks to almost all blues and never plays anything note for note or for that matter even remotely note for note so playing with him usually means learning his arrangement on the fly and going with it.

We've tried in the past getting him to learn some of the songs we play the "real" ( You know what I mean) but he never wants to bother and that's one reason we don't play alot with him...kind of all about his music, but I digress.

Last night was no different, but we did have a pretty good jam best we've had in awhile.

Played some Led Zepplin songs and of course a couple of blues songs even one he wrote which was suprisingly fun to play. There is one thing about playing the blues it does give me an easier place to start working on improving solo's and last night had to be one of my better efforts. Joey and I were kind of feeding off each other's licks kind of call and response thing and it was pretty cool.

Gotta run to a meeting to be continued....

Ok KR2 there is no real hear part to this because I didn't record anything but more importantly it was in response to Roy's question and I thought it would be easier to find it if I left it here. If it gets moved no biggie.

Anyway in retrospect i should have made an audio recording of The Pusher since I had my Zoom with me but never remember I do and so I didn't take it out of my bag.

Joey's version is a different arrangement of the song. I'm not a big fan of the way he plays it but it came out OK. I think we pretty much played major chords/major partial chords and he did change the chords a bit and threw a D in there.

So Roy not much to say although I know we'll be playing with him again soon so I'll make it a point of getting an audio file at least.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 01/02/2011 12:51 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Wait . . .
you forgot the "Hear" part . . . of Hear Here . . .
:(
Oh, well . . . maybe when he gets back . . . :|

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 01/02/2011 1:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I do a version I found long ago where I place a capo on the third fret and do these chords (in relation to the capo).

G7 (0-2-0-1-0-0-0)
G7sus4add6 (0-4-0-2-0-0-0)
F6sus2/G (0-5-0-4-0-0-0)

I doubt I ever play a complete chord as shown above. Mostly a lot of 2-4 string strums. I'm not sure if I ever actually hit the two thinnest strings. (b & e withough capo, d & g with)

Aside from the G7, the chord names get unruly, so I just refer to them s chords #1, #2 and, wait for it....., #3.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 02/02/2011 11:00 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I had the same tab I got off the internet in a Powertab version. I never trust them so I worked it out at a lesson. I doesn't need to be played with a capo so I don't.

The chords are a G7 to a C type back to another G7 type.

If I knew how to write out tab and post it I would.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 03/02/2011 3:40 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Wait . . .
you forgot the "Hear" part . . . of Hear Here . . .
:(
Oh, well . . . maybe when he gets back . . . :|
Yeah, I agree. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 09/02/2011 12:07 am