Clear all

The Pusher

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

It starts off rough, but does improve about 15 seconds into it.

No vocals.
Not a finished product. Just showing someone where I am in this.
Bass track is just me palm muteing the low E string.
1 clean rhythm track
1 slightly dirty track
1 lead/fill track

Any suggestions are always appreciated. Being a tool about it is not. That said, enjoy!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10207312

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 28/01/2011 6:53 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Ok lost my connection twice when I was posting and I hope this works or I'm smashing this PC.

For the tracks I'd drop the clean guitar a bit and maybe slightly raise the bass not much though.

For the playing parts you didn't go up to the C7 during the verse when he sings "I seen people walkin round with tombstones etc" and in the next verse where he sings "The dealer for a nickel...."

Then at the end of each verse after The Pusherman they hit those same three doubel stops or intervals whatever they are once each..dum, dum, da wait 4 beats then start the progression again. He bends the G on the 6th string right before the solo and outro after hitting those.

Your pretty close just needs some tweaking and your ready to lay down some vocals.

What did you use for guitars the G10?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 29/01/2011 2:57 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks for giving it a listen and for the suggestions. I'll try them out for sure. I didn't go note for note. I'll put together a proper bass and drum bit in and take this song to the next level soon and start arranging is as proper as I know how. As much as I've recorded this song in the past and now, I am still a ways off on understanding how it all fits together.

There is a big pause in the song like you say, but I havn't even gotten that far into the detail yet. Getting there, though.
What did you use for guitars the G10?
Everything went through the GT-10. I made a patch for each of the guitar parts The grittiest one used a marshall model, IIRC, and the other three used various Fender models. The "60's Fuzz" was used. I've used various guitars for this song in the past. I'm pretty sure I used the Squire Tele. Maybe on one of the three guitar tracks I might have used the Epi LP. I really can't remember.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/01/2011 4:17 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

My immediate first thoughts were to raise the level of the lead guitar in the mix, but then i realised it was a backing track, so until the vocals are on i am not sure if that would mean drowning out the singing.

It is tight though, and keeps a good rhythm, and I am going to youtube the original to give me something for comparison as i havent heard the song before.

Is the whole bass line the muted E? Have you thought about changing it slightly? I dont know what the chords are for this track, but could you make a simple bassline to track the chords? I must explain though that bass does not come through my laptop speakers well at all, so if have got some movement in the bass, chances are I couldnt here it at my end.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 30/01/2011 12:15 pm