The Sound of Inevitability

16 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

http://www.box.net/shared/sipd8zegw0

A line from the Matrix always kept me wondering:"That is the sound of inevitability, the sound of your death."" This is how I think that sounds. Unfortunately I had to reduce it to 160kbps due to the filesize but hope it's enjoyable nevertheless.

Posted : 25/04/2008 1:22 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Dear Sleutelbos,

I have been purchasing your CDs for quite some time now. I have become accustomed to the "darker side" of your music. It is the thing that has drawn me to it for the past 25 years. After reading the title of this song, I anxiously awaited another dark feeling gem from a group that has lead the way in the sinister side of experimental music.

I have to say that I was surprised to hear somewhat lighthearted chamber music when I listened to this. The song did not match the promise of the title.

Signed,
An anonymous fan. :lol:

:D Excellent production. Why are you not pumping out CDs on a monthly basis dude???

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 25/04/2008 2:21 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

well, after having been in the business for over 25 years now I've decided to change my sound. From now on all my songs will feature bassoons. For too long the world has been deprived of bassoons. I've lived a good life but it's time that I give something back to society. Once mankind embraces the glory of the bassoon peace will be known.

No really, I've been pumping out cds on a monthly basis last year and figured I'd take a bit more time with the next one. It's 99.9% done now, and it should be up 'soon'. Been adding little things and details for weeks now. It'll probably also be my first album that'll be pressed so I can pesker unsuspecting reviewers with it. :lol:

Posted : 25/04/2008 2:35 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Possible is it, from the dark side emerging, you are?

Thanks, Arjen. Easy listening music. Very helpful.
I guess April is the month of waltzes . . . what more appropriate month?

May I have this dance?

BTW, what does this mean? "pressed" It'll probably also be my first album that'll be pressed so I can pesker unsuspecting reviewers with it.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 25/04/2008 5:35 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

BTW, what does this mean? "pressed"

I believe he is saying his next CD will possibly be made professionally. Professionally made CD's are pressed rather than burnt. The reflective material in a professionally made CD is literally pressed with indentions that the laser reads. Burnt CD's have the indentions burnt into them. Or something like that! :D

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 25/04/2008 8:14 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Ah so . . .
Yeh, as an old fogey, I knew the term was used for vinyl records.
I guess it's still used today alluding to mass production of CD's

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 25/04/2008 11:40 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

your recording sounds great on my speakers. your instruments sound very alive. Garitan? (sp?).
wonderful. if this were the sound of my death I would be in good wry humor, I suppose. if darkness surrounds me
when the Reaper comes I imagine Him having a lilt in His step. I would dance off with Death.
and if death were a female I would do my best Argentine tango with Her.
excellent time signature shifts.
thanks for the post Arjen.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 26/04/2008 5:31 pm
(@joefish)
Trusted Member

From now on all my songs will feature bassoons. For too long the world has been deprived of bassoons. I've lived a good life but it's time that I give something back to society. Once mankind embraces the glory of the bassoon peace will be known.

'K, this was the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I don't know why it was so funny, it just was. Perhaps it's the comical aspect of the bassoon?

I like this piece, by the way. Very old world sound. Classical.

==================
Pat
joefish
SilverBox

"Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice".
Robert Fripp

Posted : 27/04/2008 11:42 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I've listened to this all day.
The amount of work I got done was triple the amount I normally would have done.
Very inspiring.
It's so cool for me to a listen to a musical genius working in his element.
It is an awesome thing to behold.
Looking forward to the next one, Arjen.

Would like to hear a Cello, recorder (those wooden flute things), and violin and/or viola (dancing between the octaves of the other two instruments) with wooden sticks (tapping on wood as the percussion(just to keep it real old world)) if you do requests.

Maybe use Claudine's melody from her latest video if you're looking for a melody (and to possibly delight her)?

The bassoon? It's used to being left out of the mainstream. It will survive.

Posted : 28/04/2008 12:13 am
(@mesa-monster)
Estimable Member

This is a wonderful piece of music. Thanks so much for doing it and making it available. It will grace my home and car speakers for some time.

Posted : 28/04/2008 1:09 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sorry folks, was away to Vienna for a week. Watched the Wiener Opera play Mozart's Figaro. 8)

Ken: As Jason said there are two ways to get info on a disc. Burning, as we do at home, is of lesser quality. Discs get damaged earlier and within 10 there's a huge chance the disc simply wont work anymore. By getting them pressed the quality and durability of the disc improves. The soundquality is exactly the same by the way. Pressing them is slightly more expensive but I have to order the minimum of 300 copies, which is way too much. But I've worked way too hard on this to get poor quality cds because it's more convenient.

I'd love to use a viola but I only have a viola sample from GOP which isn't that great compared with the other solo string sounds. I'll probably write for it when Garritan Orchestra Strings2 comes out, which should have a stunning viola in it. I love woodwind instruments btw, and will definitely include them in future piece. The next thing I'll upload will be my 'Inside Outsider' project. I've finished it now, simply can't think of anything more I could do to improve it. Kinda scary, in the past I could always hide behind the 'quick recording, didn't tune my guitar, I was having a cold, all improv, just an experiment etc' excuses. This thing won't just be the best thing I've done so far but also the best thing I can do right now. And to be brutally honest I'm pretty worried I might never improve beyond thins point... :?

Dogbite: Thanks. :D The two cello's are from Garritan Gofriller Cello, the piano is from Steinberg The Grand2 and the trumpets, french horns and bassoons are from Garritan Personal Orchestra.

Joefish: Thanks. Bassoons are pretty sad instruments: hellish to learn and only a few great melodies are written for it compared to instruments like the violin. Glad you liked it!

Thanks Mesa, glad you liked it!

Posted : 03/05/2008 11:47 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Sorry folks, was away to Vienna for a week. Watched the Wiener Opera play Mozart's Figaro. 8)

Cool! Review of opera, please.

Pressing them is slightly more expensive but I have to order the minimum of 300 copies, which is way too much. But I've worked way too hard on this to get poor quality cds because it's more convenient.
Let me know where I can buy a copy.

I'd love to use a viola but I only have a viola sample from GOP which isn't that great compared with the other solo string sounds. I'll probably write for it when Garritan Orchestra Strings2 comes out, which should have a stunning viola in it.
Looking forward to that.

And to be brutally honest I'm pretty worried I might never improve beyond this point... :?

“but when one door opens
The other gets closed again.”
Or when one door closes, others open up. :D

Posted : 03/05/2008 4:37 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Let me know where I can buy a copy.

Qualifier: As long as it doesn't have the darkside stuff on it.
(I can listen to World News if I want to be depressed, thank you)
Sunnyside up, please. :D

Posted : 03/05/2008 5:51 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hah, hadn't thought of it but I could consider the opera as a 'gig', will write a review when I've got some time. As for the copy, I'll make a post when it's all done. Trust me though when I say it won't be sunny, it'll be one of the darkest records I've ever done or heared. In case people are wondering there will, as usual, be a free high-speed MP3 download from my site, directly converted from the master in the highest quality (320kbps). The physical copy is for those who really want to support me (yuck, that sounds way too official), the download is for everyone who has some kind of interest in it plus those who want to buy a copy but live so far that shipping it would be way too expensive.
Or when one door closes, others open up.

Wow, someone actually rememberd some lyrics of mine. You just made my day!

Posted : 03/05/2008 5:53 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hey, I'm a fan . . . darkside and all (sigh).
Get the violas.
And rock on.

Posted : 03/05/2008 5:58 pm
Page 1 / 2