Clear all

Thunderfingers new GK bass amp

13 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, we got the new bass amp to replace the one destroyed by lightning. Here is a quick vid from the man cave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_kVRGTmHb8

It's low resolution as I have dialup, but you will get the idea. The midi drums aren't that loud on the vid but they were plenty loud in the garage, trust me.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 01/08/2008 8:42 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

YEAH MAN!!! That's what I'm talking about. Rock On! Awesome. Pure power. 8) 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 01/08/2008 9:10 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Woohoo - I got the very first view! Pretty cool, TR - like the info you managed to put up. Sounded pretty good from here, too. I've heard TF play before - and you, of course - but it's nice to see some video. That boy's fingers were BUSY!!! Great riffin' and nice solo, too. I'll give it a thumbs up!

Just one li'l thing - are you one of those people who believes that a song has to be played in the original key, no matter what? Because it struck me your voice would be better suited to another key....you seemed to be straining to reach the notes.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/08/2008 9:13 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I strain to hit any notes Vic :lol: The thought has occured to me to detune the guitars to Eb though. :?

Posted : 01/08/2008 9:24 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yeah. tune down that half step and it'll do wonders for the voice. perhaps in your case it will do a miracle, hey!...ba dum dum.
but seriously, folks; cool man cave, guys. the best therapy after a long work week. the back of the leg sound wave pressure massage is the best . you did good. um, you know you do need a poster of some cool guitar guy on that back wall. Muddy Waters or something.
I share your experience, as my best friend also has a jam space. it's surrounded by seventy acres.we can make lots of sound waves up there. :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 01/08/2008 11:31 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Yea buddy!

#4491....

Posted : 02/08/2008 12:11 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

:twisted: Rock on!! :twisted:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 02/08/2008 12:54 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, we play with only the monitor speakers on, so the drums and vocals sounded low in the mix because they pointed in towards us and the guitar amps pointed out so the were a little loud. Maybe if we do another video I will turn on the FOH PA just for the recording to see if the mix is better. Sadly vocals are not my forte, but someone has to do it right? Our goal is to eventually play in front of people live. I think it would be fun. 8)

Posted : 02/08/2008 1:53 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

LOL Derikslide

Sounds great...nice job guys!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 02/08/2008 5:20 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Very cool, TR!

I agree, bring the vox up more.

And, I've been watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Don't go swimming or surfing in those camo shorts. Makes you look like a sea turtle, and tiger sharks love those!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 03/08/2008 11:58 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I make an appearance at the ocean about once a year. I won't swim cause I'm afraid of sharks and whatever else you want to name. :lol: I go in the water at home though, even though there is a 265 lb apex predator close by at all times. I'm not afraid of my son though, so that is OK. We paddle and fish in the St. Lawrence river. Manis the apex predator as it should be. I do not .. I repeat DO NOT do sharks. Period.

Posted : 04/08/2008 3:34 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

BTW, I noticed that Electar grill.

I LOVE my little Electar Tube 10. Awesome little amp!

(I eventually blew the stock speaker so it sounded scratchy and put in a Jensen 20W 8" MOD, and it sounds even better.)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 04/08/2008 1:45 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

That would be the Electar Spartan 60 bass amp. It is sitting on the Fender Rumble that bit the raddish when the lightning struck and the little monster beside them is the Galien - Kruger Brat half stack. That is the amp you are hearing in our video clips. We just got them all stacked up there for looks. Now my amp, that is really a half stack. That Fender thing in the middle is the worlds largest effects pedal. :lol: It is a Fender DFX Sattelite. It has a single 12" speaker that faces sideways and it provides the voicing for all the reverb, delay, chorus, flange ect... effects. It creates a surround sound effect. It is designed for your combo to sit on top of it, but in this case I thought it might work better the other way around.

Posted : 04/08/2008 2:35 pm