Back to me

© Rob Crocker 2006

Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.

-Havamal-

Posted : 08/12/2006 4:26 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

anyone who starts to listen to this and gets bored waiting for it to download :cry: stay with it this is 10 out 10 on my scale :shock: :lol: most brilliant vocal and saxaphone is superb ....this is the best thing i have heard for a long time, .well done love to hear more of your stuff 8) .smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 08/12/2006 6:37 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Really, really good! :D

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 08/12/2006 10:07 am
(@morkalg)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

-Havamal-

Posted : 08/12/2006 11:38 am
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Really good stuff here, Morkie! And that is no joke. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the falsetto in the chorus! Great stuff. About the only thing I was listening for, but didn't hear, was that the level of the song didn't change much - I was really waiting for a "bigger" sound in the chorus, if you know what I mean. But, perhaps that is just me - might not fit the song's feel.

Let's hear from you again - soon!

Posted : 08/12/2006 9:35 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Excellent stuff! I too kinda looked for it to pick up just a tad at spots, but still an excellent song and great singing!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 08/12/2006 10:26 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Great job. Sounds really good. Your vox just fit so well in the mix. Did you play the sax as well or is that a sample? Those falsetto parts had to be tough. I find it really hard to keep falsetto on pitch. Especially for extended times like that. Mix is perfect. I'm very impressed with this one. I wish more people would take the time to bring their projects to this level. There's a lot of great songwriters out there but when it comes to recording them, they never seem to put the effort in to make them shine the way they should (in regards to the later part, myself included). A worthwhile listen. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 09/12/2006 3:04 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Wow Rob, that was awesome! 8)

Thanks for letting us listen. Hope to hear more from you soon. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 09/12/2006 4:39 am
(@morkalg)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Great job. Sounds really good. Your vox just fit so well in the mix. Did you play the sax as well or is that a sample? Those falsetto parts had to be tough. I find it really hard to keep falsetto on pitch. Especially for extended times like that. Mix is perfect. I'm very impressed with this one. I wish more people would take the time to bring their projects to this level. There's a lot of great songwriters out there but when it comes to recording them, they never seem to put the effort in to make them shine the way they should (in regards to the later part, myself included). A worthwhile listen. Thanks.

Thanks! Wow, I am really baffled and I really appreciate all the comments about this song. As for the Sax no I am using a Roland GR-20 Guitar Synth so the strings and sax are actually me playing guitar. Since I got that thing my creativity has gone through the roof. I LOVE it!!!

As for the mix, I'm almost embarrased to say this but the whole thing only took me like an hour from when I heard it in my head, wrote the lyrics and sat down and recorded it. I just used my computer for it all.

Seriously though I'm glad you all like it. As for the "pepping up" yeah I know what you all mean and I tried too even tracked over some more parts but after listening it just didn't sound right. To me the song sounded better with its slow simplicity... it drips of anticipation (but I am biased)

Nothing like a girl breaking your heart to get your creativity going huh?

-Havamal-

Posted : 09/12/2006 7:21 pm
(@msrpeace)

Excelent! 10/10

I have to say I loathe hearing the saxaphone as a personal musical preferance in most cases, but strangly I find it REALLY cool you did that on guitar.

The recording sounded very professional too.

Posted : 09/12/2006 7:44 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Man, thats sweeeeet 8) I can feel the pain :cry:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 11/12/2006 11:22 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Very pretty song and rather haunting. Nice job!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 12/12/2006 2:34 am