Unabashed plug for my song - Game Over - Paul Brady

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

This is an unabashed plug for my song. Please have a listen and don't forget to vote. The more people that listen to it in the early stages the greater the chance it has of getting on to the front pages of the genre, which means the better chance I have of other people playing it. I wrote this song for Sunday Songwriters Group last year, the assignment was to also to document the process, you can read that here:
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=19080&highlight=game

Anyway please have a listen, and as always comments are welcome .
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574497

Oh and if anyone feels like buying a download so that I can have bragging rights to my mates about being an international artist with international sales :lol: , then please do, I only need 1 sale :roll: .

Cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 02/08/2006 8:01 pm
(@aarrgg)
Eminent Member

This is the first song I heard on this forum that actually sounds great.
I've only listened to a few though but this song is really good.
Thats only my non-professional opinion.

"I face myself, to cross out what I've become
erase myself, and let go of what I've done"
- Linkin Park

Posted : 02/08/2006 9:35 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.
Im trying to work my way through all of my SSG songs to decide which ones are worth rerecording with proper backing tracks.

cheers

Paul

Posted : 04/08/2006 1:41 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I'm trying to work my way through all of my SSG songs to decide which ones are worth rerecording with proper backing tracks.

Hey Paul,

Two of my favorites of your's are Still Blue and Angels and Demons.
If that's of any help.

Anyways back to this song. I don't know how I missed this the
first time around. It is great your voice is dead on and the rythm
has a really good feel to it.

Good Job As Always,

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 04/08/2006 2:03 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

This is a great song Paul! :D The guitar is perfect. I like the percussion too. Your voice is really good. I think you sound alot like Gordon Lightfoot in this song. 8) I always thought he was an awesome vocalist, so you're in good company. :wink:

Great job,
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/08/2006 1:41 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey Paul. I remember when you wrote that. or atleast I remember the lesson., I really like it. Has a nice beat and I love the percussion backing you up.

I vote its H O T

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 05/08/2006 2:07 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the feedback you guys, I really do appreciate it.
John "Angels and Demons" is my favourite from a personal point of view wheras this song is a favourite from a production point of view, which Im really pleased with the way it turned out.
Dan, wow, Gordon Lightfoot I never really thought of myself in that way Im hounoured, thanks for that.
Geoo thanks mate, Ill be having a listen to yours when I get home from work (its Monday here), by all accounts its a treat in store

cheers

Paul

Posted : 07/08/2006 12:50 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey Dan,

I played the recording to my brother yesterday and his comment was,
"geez you sound like Gordon Lightfoot in that song" specifically refering to "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

So I played "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" myself, I can definitley hear similarities. Might be some hope for me yet :D

cheers

Paul

Posted : 14/08/2006 11:01 pm