Clear all

well here it is "state of mind"

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jasonggabbott)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

a little song I worked on. My first with guitar and my lyrics :lol: listen please and give me feedback.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/5076982/f0685643/sharing.html

state of mind is the song

Posted : 11/02/2008 7:13 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

It's really quiet. I think you should seriously consider spending $100 on an audio interface. You mentioned you have an sm 57 which is a great start but the mic input on your computer isn't decent enough for any reasonable mic.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 12/02/2008 5:49 am
(@jasonggabbott)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

thx for the imput!! It sounds fine on my computer I wonder why it is low on yours?? Money is hard to come by right now, I could work more but would have less time for music. Getting better at guitar is better then money i guess :?
I seem to record late at night .IIt hits me late for some reason so I have to be quiet and not sing loud or the neighbors will hate me :roll: I'm gonna check out the swap meet and pawn shops for recording stuff.

Posted : 12/02/2008 9:04 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The vocals are so soft I have no idea what the lyrics could possibly me. I occasionally pick out 'state of mind' but that's probably because that's the title. If you recorded the vocals on a seperate track could you up the volume of it a notch?

Posted : 12/02/2008 9:12 pm
(@jasonggabbott)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

thx I'll do that. did you get the wav file or the mp3?? I uploaded the mp3 and took off the wav it didnt sound as good.
It is the first song I did on audacity so they can only get better :shock:

Posted : 12/02/2008 9:42 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I got the Mp3 one. A trick to get both the guitar and vocals clearly audible is by panning one a bit to the left and the other a bit to the right. This will give both tracks their own 'space' in the stereo image. The vocal track seemed to have quite some effects over it (delay and chorus/phaser?) which makes it harder to mix it in properly. Normally you'd have the vocals dead-center but I'd try putting it around 50 to either left or right if you plan on keeping the effects. (depending on the lyrics ofcourse but based on the title I can see the function of those effects)

Posted : 12/02/2008 10:07 pm
(@jasonggabbott)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

:D thx you are awesome! gonna do some work on it now and upload it again .

Posted : 12/02/2008 10:27 pm