Skip to content
"While my Guit...

Notifications
Clear all

"While my Guitar Gently Weeps" New Link!!!

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

piano and drums were a backing track, i always wanted to cover this song and i tryed my hardest. I seriously did, i wanted this to be something george would be proud of.

i borrowed my friends bass for the bass. However i think the singing is a little iffy, however let me know what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/rich2k4music.htm

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 31/08/2004 3:25 am
(@eclips3)
Eminent Member

Very nice Rich...

you do however need to check your volume on the recordings as there's way too much clipping going on especially on my left ear (using headphones at work :P )

I can hear clipping on the singing, the guitar and the backing, not so much on the bass I think.

Try keeping it all in the yellow when you're really singing loudly or playing hard, should help...

I hope i'm not moaning at you just to find out my work headphones are bust...

E

Posted : 31/08/2004 12:22 pm
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

thanks, no one else with replies?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 31/08/2004 9:07 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Very nice. The guitar was especially good, Clapton would be proud as well ;)

I'd agree on the singing being iffy. You seem to be singing out of tune (key?) several times during the song. And the recording quality is also iffy. You need to either lower the volume on the other instruments (good idea) or raise the volume on your mic, because it gets hard to hear you sometimes.

Definitly nice guitar work though, well done on both of the solos.

Well done in general bud, just needs a bit of work is all.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 01/09/2004 10:30 pm
(@bleaseyhighflyer)
Trusted Member

its brilliant that you have the confidence to make a recording, it may just be my speakers but i thought the vocals sounded a bit distorted, and as the other guys said i think more attention need sto be paid to which key your singing.

Dont worry though hopefully well hear a flawless version of this one day~!!1

Of course brilliant guitaring, so well done on that front

" Ah man, that went down like a lead balloon."

Posted : 02/09/2004 9:52 pm
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

i want to add this was recorded on a epiphone les paul standard plus through my 8 track recorder. I think the volume on everything was too loud which caused the distorted voice.

Posted : 03/09/2004 1:37 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Just a hint on recording vocals, don't eat the mic. You should be between four to six inches away when you sing. 10 inches is if you're screaming. You should be singing across the capsule and not directly into it. I can't really describe that so I hope you know what I'm saying.

Keep one ear open so that you can hear your natural voice. You might even want to cup your ear toward your face. Practice singing a crescendo. Going from a b, say, to a c and then from c to b. Sing this along with your guitar. When you get good at this you can hit a wrong note and crescendo to the right one. Hopefully, no-one will ever know the difference. They'll think you intended to sing it that way. (I don't think crescendo is really the right term, but bare with me.)

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 03/09/2004 2:31 am
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

more feedback appreciated

Posted : 08/09/2004 9:41 pm
(@portia)
Reputable Member

just fyi, crescendo is a volume term, not a pitch term. of course, I can't think of the actual term either - I'd probably call it a slide - but of course, that would just be me - it's probably not technically correct.

anyway, the guitar is great. I wish I could play like that. The vocals are a tad bit pitchy as has already been pointed out, and the volumes need to be adjusted, but all in all, I'd say this is a pretty good effort.

:) Portia

Posted : 10/09/2004 11:19 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

just fyi, crescendo is a volume term, not a pitch term. of course, I can't think of the actual term either - I'd probably call it a slide - but of course, that would just be me - it's probably not technically correct.

:) Portia

A continuous slide from one note to another is a glissandro or more commonly just gliss.

A slur is similar, but is two distinct notes where the second note follows smoothly after the first (no attack).

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 11/09/2004 1:35 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Thanks for clearing that up.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 11/09/2004 2:11 am
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

you are singing with emotion at least, and the first chorus had a few very well attacked notes. Excellent guitar.

I can almost imagine what your shape(mouth) is when you're singing, especially for beatles songs, or anything with a british accent, and here is my extremely indirect and vague response to this problem.

you should sing towards the mic, or towards something in front of you, and loosen up your whole face when you're doing this, you might feel you jaw open down, which is good, you want your jaw low, and your cheeks loose, it will sound ten-fold better if you do this, pitch is the easy part, it's tone that'll be driving you nuts

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

Posted : 15/09/2004 6:36 am