WHO WANTS TO HEAR MY SONGS!!!!

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveywolfang5150)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

http://www.myspace.com/hammywolfgang

i was wondering if some of the more experienced guy in recording could help my out. i have just started to record in the past 6 months. i am recording through a line 6 tone port ux1 into cubase. i always use the drum vst Battery. let me know what you think!

BTW just listen to 80's, M21 and Roses, Heavy yeah. i feel those are my best songs

Posted : 09/08/2008 7:06 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Well I am surprised no one else has commented. Metal isn't really my thing, but my main problem with it is the screaming vocals so i've got no problems with your music...for now :P haha seriously though your very talented, from what I listened to you sounded very structured and well thought out. And as long as you get a singer and not a screamer you could benefit from some vox haha. Good stuff.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 09/08/2008 11:02 pm
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I'll comment, as metal is my thing! :D I liked all of it, sounded good. I am a big fan of 80's metal, & I like most of the bands you have listed in your myspace influences. The only thing I notice is that you seem to play only one style - fast! :mrgreen: Kind of like Yngwie Malmsteen, no?!? Maybe throw a couple of slow metal ballads in there to round out the mix.

Posted : 10/08/2008 2:15 am
(@peaveywolfang5150)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

i guess i could try writing a slower song, i am actually writing another rocking song right now. im stuck at the bridge like usual. seems to me its always the hardest to write the bridge. anyway that a good idea to write a slow song, you know, that thought had never occurred to me lol. but what i really want to do before that is write a down tuned song in C. so i think i'll do that first but if i get stuck, i will try to write slower stuff. nothing is more intense then a guitar with chorus,reverb, and delay.

Posted : 10/08/2008 3:42 am
(@peaveywolfang5150)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

does anyone have any ideas on what i can improve on? besides things like tone and style, basically, how to record better and make it sound better

Posted : 19/08/2008 9:12 pm
(@alien)
Estimable Member

I'LL SAY UP FRONT THAT METAL IS NOT MY THING BUT THIS STUFF IS PRETTY GOOD. I'VE LISTENED SEVERAL OF YOUR COMPOSITIONS AND THE BASS, RHYTHM AND LEAD TRACKS ARE ALL PRETTY TIGHT AND WELL PERFORMED. ALSO THE TONE AND MIX IS JUST FINE. A LOT OF WORK WENT INTO THIS AND I AM IMPRESSED.

*gasp*

ALTHOUGH THE DRUM PROGRAMMING IS PRETTY DECENT, NOTHING BEATS A REAL DRUMMER. MY SUGGESTION FOR YOUR NEXT STEP IS TO HEAD ON OVER TO DRUMSMYLIFE.COM AND POST YOUR LINK. I THINK YOU WILL FIND PLENTY OF TALENTED HEAVY METAL DRUMMERS THERE WHO WOULD LIKE TO COLLABORATE WITH YOU, OR AT LEAST OFFER SUGGESTIONS.

*gasp*

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE ABLE TO COMPOSE STUFF THAT YOU LIKE AND THEN PERFORM IT. HOWEVER I THINK YOU'VE REACHED THE LIMIT OF WHAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE IN A HOME STUDIO. NOW IT'S A MATTER OF FIGURING OUT WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR AND THEN DELIVERING THE GOODS. THAT'S THE HARD PART. THE ONLY SUGGESTION I HAVE THERE IS TO FORM A BAND AND PLAY LIVE AND SEE WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESN'T.

*gasp*

I REALLY DID ENJOY YOUR MUSIC THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

Posted : 19/08/2008 11:12 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Wow, that was a really really REALLY REALLYbig post :lol: :lol:

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 20/08/2008 7:10 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

superb playing - well and above my standard so i wont offer any advice other than keep it up!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 21/08/2008 10:10 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Late to the show as always ... but that was some awesome wankery! Enjoyed it!

Do you have lyrics made or were the songs composed solely as instrumentals? Regardless, keep it up!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 26/08/2008 12:46 am
(@peaveywolfang5150)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

if i could write lyrics i could, however, i am terrible at writing them. so when i get a singer they will have the honor to put lyrics to them

Posted : 26/08/2008 1:26 am