Clear all

acoustic panels

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jersey-jack)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm thinking about getting some acoustic panels to reduce some of the echo in my band's rehearsal space, but truth be told I'm not very handy mechanically :oops: , and I'd like to know how these things install. I'd have to hang them on a concrete wall (we rehearse in an unfinished basement), and I'm afraid I don't even own a drill :oops: :oops: . Now I'm not unwilling to buy a drill and to take a shot at hanging this stuff, but I'm not quite sure what I'm getting myself into!

How does one normally install acoustic panels?

Any other advice for the unhandy? I am getting some area rugs for the floor--am I better off hanging some cheap rugs on the wall?

Thanks!

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

The acoustic panels from Auralex usually install with an adhesive. You can buy any adhesive that is safe to use with foam panels or you can purchase the Auralex adhesive which is a bit more expensive but is guaranteed not to eat the foam away. The only thing is that once you put the panels up, they are there for good. You might not have a good time trying to remove them. You could try building some baffles on your own. It's a bit of work but not so bad. All you need is some rigid fiber glass or mineral wool, some burlap and a few 1 x 6s or even 2 x 4's would do depending on the thickness of the fiberglass.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote