Clear all

adding background to tracks (drums etc)

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

iv started recording a few of my original songs (i have HEAPS :S ) ... but its only me and my acoustic guitar and sounds...rather thin....i reckon i can brush up my bass playing skills well enough to add some bass to the songs. but when it comes to rythym...i cant play the drums...and my friends that do dont wanna do drum tracks because they actually have to create the beat for each song not just play it...and i cant afford to hire someone to do it...so....

i have a boss micro br and sony acid recording program... (an older version)

cna i create a realistic sounding drum track using these? is it hard...?

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Dunno about those particular programs, but I'm currently using GuitarPro to tab out the drums, exporting the track as a MIDI, importing that into Reaper and using a free VSTi plugin called sfz to play a free drum soundfont or three. It's not too bad, incredibly cheap, and easily good enough for me :)

Word of warning though: if you have a multicore processor, you need to be careful - using multiple instances of the above version, 1.97, causes really nasty glitches. It's completely unusable and apparently damaging to cranked speakers. There's a version specifically for multicores, version 2.0.0.1 and that's fine, but somewhat unavailable. I found a link to it before, but no luck finding it again just now :(

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I've got a bunch of loops and drum hits as .wav files if you can use those those in a sampler (sorry I don't know the software you're using with any familiarity), or use the loops and do a bit of cut and pasting if you want to 'create' drum fills. I can put them on rapidshare or similar sometime in the next week if you want. they're all royalty-free, so I figure posting them there wouldn't transgress any laws.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

thanks. il fiddle around with what iv got and try and work out what i can use before i put you through any trouble like that. thanks though. i might get back to you on it... im not technogically minded :( which is odd cause im 20! and dont like computers.... :|

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you write a MIDI file of it I'll render it for you.

ReplyQuote