Clear all

ASIO Drivers?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Is there an ASIO driver other than ASIO4ALL? I've got the latest version of ASIO4ALL. There is a known issue with it and the soundcard my laptop has.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and it's using a Realtek card (or system?) with that Wave/Maxx and Dolby bits of fanciness.

The problem, fwiw, is an inconsistent noise or set of noises that just sort of appears after variable lengths of playing or even sitting still. Lots of static, sometimes hellicopter-like in nature as if to have it's own quick pulse.

Thanks in advance...

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I think there are some $ ASIO drivers out there, but ASIO4ALL is the only free one I found when I was looking.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

A free one isn't a whole lot of good if it doesn't function properly. I just don't know which one I could even use. It's for my Epiphone ES-339 Ultra, which comes with instructions to use the free one. (ASIO4ALL)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

ASIO2KS was the other one I found, not sure how much it was.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I just discovered that it's two machines, so it might be the guitar's electronics. I'll give that other one a try though, if it isn't too expensive.

Thanks for the tip, Jeff. 8) 8)

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@peaveyusa)
Estimable Member

Asio drivers are not plug and play. You are esentially killing your sound card input to use the asio input so that the sound output is timmed correctly with no hesitation. It took me a while to figure out how to configure the ASIO4ALL drivers. I set them up first in Guitar Rig then it was effortless in Amplitube.

If you are just simply expecting them to work without no set up, you will be disapointed. Also depends on the interface you use too. I tried a berringer usb cable first, then went to a cheap target one. It works the best.

The ASIO config is built into the asio drivers but you will have to access it thru the software you ware using.

Good luck

ReplyQuote
(@ferdie_poly)

better to buy a USB audio interface. there are a lot of cheap products there in the market. hassle free!

http://thebedroomguitaristdiary.blogspot.com//

ReplyQuote