Clear all

audacity help

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@allergy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ok Ive laid down my Guitar track, and then the Drum machines.
Now I need to do the Vocals. Well Thats easy enough, But It like to be able to Hear the song play, so I can sing along with it.
I was goin to just use head phones to listen to it so the sound doesnt echo thru the mic or anything. But Of course when I hit Record, I cant hit play to play the song. Is there some way to do this thru the program? Or any work around you know of.

And is there a Guide to using this? I forgot the Address to the homepage, so I havent looked it up yet.

Any help will be apperciated. -thanks

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I was goin to just use head phones to listen to it so the sound doesnt echo thru the mic or anything. But Of course when I hit Record, I cant hit play to play the song. Is there some way to do this thru the program? Or any work around you know of.

And is there a Guide to using this? I forgot the Address to the homepage, so I havent looked it up yet.

Any help will be apperciated. -thanks

File -> Preferences -> Audio IO tab -> check "Play other tracks while recording new one"

Homepage: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@allergy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ill do that when I get a chance to record again. Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@the_fifth_beatle)
Trusted Member

allergy- how did you get your drum track down...is it as simple as importing a freeware/shareware file?

stop...i have found a genius...stop...

ReplyQuote