Best settings for each Waver

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallscottw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey,
After exporting mixdowns and finding problems and fixing them then finding yet another problem after exporting the mixdown again, I've noticed that the EQ setting for each waver, located in the 'Mixer' application, has a very big affect on how a mixdowns outcome is.

In my current recording I have the following types of guitar and Wavers.
Waver 1 - (EQ -3) Clean, Rythm guitar. I play mainly chords with this Waver.

Waver 2 - (EQ -3) Clean, Lead guitar. I play lead melodies to go with Waver 1's (Clean, Rythm) riff.

Waver 3 - (EQ -3) Clean, Rythm guitar. Basically the same as Waver 1

Waver 4 - (EQ -3) Clean, Lead guitar. Basically the same as Waver 2

Waver 5 - (EQ 2mm above -3) Heavily Distorted Rythm guitar. I play mainly chords during Choruses, Bridge and Interlude

Waver 6 - (EQ 2mm above -3) Distorted Lead Guitar. I play lead parts but use chords as much as Waver 5.

Waver 7 - (EQ 0) Heavily Distorted guitar. This guitar is used for the Bridge. I want it to be a little bit
louder than Waver 5 and 6.

Master EQ - 2 millimeters above -3
My question is this.
What are the best settings for each Waver's EQ in the Mixer to have the BEST sounding mixdown?
Also, what should the setting be on the Master EQ setting?

To make sure you know what I'm talking about, it's the bar on each Waver that shows the sound activity and lets you know whether or not a clip occurs and also looks like an actual mixer.

Please help :)

Thanks,

Marshall

"You're a God among insects. Never let anyone tell you differenately." -Magneto, XMen

(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

What recording SW are you using ?
KAE or Audacity or ?

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Marshall, the sliders on the mixer adjust the relative volume of each track, not the EQ.

Pressing F1 will bring up the online help for Kristal. It has a very good section that describes each component of the Kristal Engine, and the various controls each has.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote