Clear all

Blue Mics Snowball USB Microphone

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lue42)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I am looking to buy a mic for my computer, and Dell.ca has the Blue Mics Snowball USB Microphone on sale for $54 (Canadian, free shipping). It is regularly $129... so it seems like a good sale.

I have read some really good reviews of this mic and wanted to ask here if I should go with this?

I am not sure if I am allowed to link to a retail site, so I will leave you to go to Dell.ca and find it. It is on sale until March 12th, so any advice before then would be greatly appreciated. It only seems to be on sale on the Canadian Dell site though - I couldn't find a sale on Dell.com

They also have the "Eyeball 2.0" which is a webcam and mic in one. I doubt the mic is anywhere as good though. It is $60 - reg $85)

Any recommendations? Thanks

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

(@lue42)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Really?... no one has ever used one of these, or has recommendations on a decent microphone for direct computer recording? Please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I've used their 8 Ball and that's a cracking little mic for the price. If this is as cheap as $54 I'd buy as many as I could afford! Seriously tho, Blue are a pretty heavyweight mic company and even their budget range tends to be serious quality for any given price point, so with that reduction I'd say buy it. I'm actually a little envious of your good fortune!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 simo
(@simo)

I have a Snowball and I'm pretty happy with it. You can get some good results. I'm not sure I would trust if for recording a full band or anything though.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Ooooops, sorry Lue42. I don't jump into this section that often.

I have a Blue Snowball similar to the first photo. I've had it a few years. It has survived the horrors that is the corner of my desk and the floor below and still works. My only gripe is what seems to be way too sensitive on certain phonetics. Like if I sang "High" or "Bye" a little bit loudly, my meter jumps of the scale. Other than that, I really enjoy mine. I also am not a pro, so I would probably enjoy a 3 year old's sing-along casette player toy. Oh, and I did work around the problem, too.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@smcclure)
Trusted Member

Ages ago I tried a Snowball. I had to install the firmware with the higher gain level to get it work for me but it seemed to do fine. Later I bought a Samson C01U that works pretty well. I think I paid about $60 from some retailer on e*bay.

____
Steve

ReplyQuote