BOSS BR600 - Multitrack recorder...

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ibanezplayer86)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hey,

got one of these the other day, sweet peice of gear for the money. what do u all think?

(@ibanezplayer86)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hate to say it but my appreciation of this has gone out the window!

one month in... the scroll wheel malfunctions (actually... make that BREAKS) ... 3 months later it isnt fixed...

good features... pitty about the build quality...

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

I personally think that you get way more functionality out of a good interface and recording software. Recording software can be cheap to free. And, yes, I do mean legal and free. When you try to cram a ton of features into a cheap little package, you have to cut corners somewhere.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I have one, and I love it for what it is -- a portable battery operated recorder.

It's much easier to carry that around that to carry around a laptop, interface, etc.

But for in-studio use, I have an interface.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I have the Boss Micro BR which is very good at what it does - 4-track digital recorder with amp modelling and built-in rhythms. Getting the songs off it and onto a PC looks like it's going to be the hardest part of working with it.

I also have the Tascam 414MKII 4-track which uses ordinary cassettes. Nice piece of kit but now a little dated so I use it more as a mixer than anything else.

I've also got the Tascam 2488 - a 24-track hard drive recorder with CD burner. It's a lot more intuitive to work with than the older Tascam tape models, and I did my first mp3 export from it last night which was simplicity itself.

I did think about the Boss kit when I was looking for the Tascam. It looks very impressive. It was a close decision but I'd never had any real problems with the older Tascam so I stayed with them.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@redstrat)
Eminent Member

boss br 1600 16 tracks 8 hook ups at once.

ReplyQuote