Clear all

cheap recording for reference

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@danooo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hey guys, i want to keep this really cheap im looking to record during band practice just so we can reference stuff when were tweaking our music. right now were kinda just humming to eachother what were doing wrong. what kinda options do i have? my uncle gave my his old 4 track player but it was beyond broken but iwas thinking something and old and cheap like that would be the way to do it. thanks

(@alangreen)

There's loads of choice in the handheld portable recording market these days. Zoom make good kit, I use the Boss Micro, and Tascam 4-track cassette tape recording kit is available on e-bay for cheap money. An old cassette recorder with a condenser mic will do the job.

In a worst case scenario, you can even record on most mobile phones - it'll sound pretty rough but it might be good enough to tell you what you want to fix.

A

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I just bought a Zoom H2 for I think it was $139. Records in stereo and it's the size of a cell phone. Youc an't go wrong fro the price.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Does anyone in the group have a laptop?
And a mic?
And a (free) copy of Audacity

Beg, borrow and download is about as cheap as it gets.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote