Effects/Send Receive Problem?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I recently discovered the magic of effects sends/receives in my DAW Software (Reaper) but it isn't working. I know how to do it, so the only thing I can think of is that my soundcard isn't a full duplex. I have an M-Audio Revolution, which is SUPPOSED to be a "musicians" soundcard, and ironically I can't do this very important task with it (I DID do it on my older computer with a full-duplex card, so I know I'm doing it right). Am I missing something or can you think of any way around this issue? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Update: Hey guys, I figured out my problem, and it was something really small I was forgetting. There is a "track monitor" button I'm supposed to click on the one recording the effects, and I wasn't clicking that. Oops! I was setting up sidechain stuff, so I think I was in the wrong menu altogether. Sorry 'bout that

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

The revolution should be fine though, at the price, I'm not sure why you didn't opt for one of their more recording intended interfaces. The Revolution is really a gaming/multimedia card. Anyway, check and make sure that you are using M-Audio ASIO. If you are using effects as auxiliary sends, you will need to set up a channel as an auxiliary return. You will need to direct the output of your send to your return of course.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Actually, most of the time for guitar recording I do use the Stealth Plug, which is very handy, so I just kinda wanted a good overall, multipurpose card that I could also use for recording. This card is screwy, though. Every week or two I have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers because the card starts acting funny. For instance, if I unplug my mic and plug in my guitar, sometimes it just doesn't work. No sound. Nothing. So I have to do the driver thing. It's soooo annoying. They said to fix it I probably needed to move it to a different card slot, but I don't have any others, so I just have to live with it, I guess.
Anyway, I'll keep trying on the effects sends/receives. I think I'm doing it right. It's not very hard to figure out, but yet It's not working. I'll keep you posted!

ReplyQuote