External Editor problems (Errors)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallscottw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok..
I'm using Kristal Audio Engine as my recording software. Today I was mastering/editing a couple of Tracks and noticed at a higher volume level that during silence there is lots of fuzz and feedback. So I thought I would try editing the tracks with this problem.
I have 2 External Editors: Audacity and Yamaha Wave Editor TWE V2.3.1
First I tried using Audacity.
I selected and right-clicked the track I wanted to edit (Waver 5_35), then selected 'Edit in External Editor' from the pop-up menu. The wave file then was loaded up in Audacity. I cropped and edited the track as I wanted, then clicked 'File' and 'Export as WAV'.
The following error message popped up: --Error: Is directory write-protected or is disk full?--
I tried using Audacity 3 or 4 times but the Error messages still pops up.

So..
I then tried using Yamaha Wave Editor TWE V2.3.1
First I tried using this editor by, while using KAE, right-clicking the track and selecting 'Edit in External Editor'. The program (Yamaha Wave Editor) began to load up but then gave me
the following error: --Unknown Wave PCM format. Can't open the file.--
After recieving this error I tried to just load up the wave file (using Yamaha Wave Editor) without doing it through KAE.
I clicked 'File' then 'Open..' then selected 'Waver 5_35' from the Media directory.
I then recieved the following error message: Audio Data Error: Cannot open this file.

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem and be able to edit my tracks?

Any help is greatly appreciated as always!

Marshall

"You're a God among insects. Never let anyone tell you differenately." -Magneto, XMen

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Ok..
I'm using Kristal Audio Engine as my recording software. Today I was mastering/editing a couple of Tracks and noticed at a higher volume level that during silence there is lots of fuzz and feedback. So I thought I would try editing the tracks with this problem.

If you go back to the other thread and answer the questions I asked there, we may be able to find a solution to the problem there, AND this one. Odds are they're two parts of the same problem.

Editing a poorly recorded track won't help you. Throwing plugins at the problem simply makes it worse.

If you're getting fuzz and noise in sections that are supposed to be quiet, then it's most likely A) you've compressed the snot out of a track that was recorded with improper gain staging (which intoduces noise), or B) you're using an onboard soundcard or soundblaster type thing, both of which are notorious for having a high noise floor (lots of low level background noise), which makes it even MORE important to record at the right levels to get a decent result.

If you're not sure what I'm asking, ask me to explain.

I'm no expert, I'm still learning too.

. . . and here's another link for you to explore:
http://bruceamiller.us/bamaudioschool_com/index.html

It's a work in progress, but Bruce adds new modules regularly.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote