Clear all

Fixing Panned Audio

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Apparently one of my files got panned to the Right Slightly when mastering, when I open it in Audacity or Adobe Soundbooth I can see both channels, but I can only effect both of them and not one at a time. Is there any suggestions from anyone?

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Apparently one of my files got panned to the Right Slightly when mastering, when I open it in Audacity or Adobe Soundbooth I can see both channels, but I can only effect both of them and not one at a time. Is there any suggestions from anyone?

If it was panned where it wasn't supposed to be, then that was a mix error. You'll have to go back to the original mix, fix the error, and then export the corrected stereo track to be taken back for re-mastering. Mastering engineers don't do panning, or any other type of mix operations. Their job is to balance the EQ and volume for the best reproduction on the final distribution medium.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I think I hit it when I was exporting in audacity, my mouse gets erratic sometimes. I don't have the original mix so I guess I'll have to do it again.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I think I hit it when I was exporting in audacity, my mouse gets erratic sometimes. I don't have the original mix so I guess I'll have to do it again.

Ouch. It's a good idea to archive your mixes for just this type of thing

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, but I think I'm going to re-record it. I believe I found the mic sweet spot when setup to my Classical. Got good results yesterday, now just have to wait until I get off work to try and re-create it. I'll be archiving from now on though for sure.

ReplyQuote