Clear all

Getting Set Up

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm finally getting set-up to record to the PC. For guitar, I'll be going from GT-6 to PC via digital out -> digital in. For voice, I've noticed a "microphone connector" little port thingy on the back of my PC. So, I guess a microphone of some quality is on order. Keep in mind, of course, that I realized that this set-up would hardly be considered "pro".

So, my question is this. Nick and others have posted freeeware links for things like mixers, etc. Is this all I'll need once I have voice and guitar getting into my PC?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@scrybe)
Famed Member

yup, pretyy much. once you have audio getting in, its just a case of getting a DAW (digital audio workstation) which you can get for free (e.g. audacity or one of the versions of reaper. then download any samples, loops, etc you might want to use so your recordings aren't just guitar and vocals. unless you want just guitar and vocals. once you're au fait with tht, then start looking at plug-ins (specific apps like compression, reverb, etc to add to your recorded sound).

hth

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Getting there. The recording happens at like 4x the speed, making playback sound slow as heck and quite off-key. :evil:

Edit: I think I'm functioning now. Had to just restart the software. (Audacity)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote