Notifications
Clear all

gp5 saving as .wav

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@automatic)
Topic starter  

How do you save as .wav on guitar pro so you can burn it to a cd? I messed around a little and looked through the help files and couldn't figure it out so i asked here.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

"File", "Export", WAVE.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@automatic)
Topic starter  

I tried that and it says "FMOD error! [23] Unsupported file or audio format." I put all the settings for highest quality and after I hit play like it says to I get that error message and it keeps playing but nothings saved.

EDIT: I tried doing it in MIDI format and it worked and plays in Windows Media Player fine, but it sounds horrible because i use RSE for a few things and for good reason..so if anyones got any more suggestions keep them coming, it's totally appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've just tried to save in my gp5 and it saved a file, without any problem, other than an incorrect setting in my sound settings.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I tried that and it says "FMOD error! [23] Unsupported file or audio format." I put all the settings for highest quality and after I hit play like it says to I get that error message and it keeps playing but nothings saved.

EDIT: I tried doing it in MIDI format and it worked and plays in Windows Media Player fine, but it sounds horrible because i use RSE for a few things and for good reason..so if anyones got any more suggestions keep them coming, it's totally appreciated.
FMOD is a dll that handles WAVs, it sounds like you might have an older version than GP needs to use or some such problem. Try replacing it with the latest version if you can find it from a source you trust (back your old one up first though, just in case!), or I think it is installed with DirectX if you want to upgrade that to a later version.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@automatic)
Topic starter  

FMOD is a dll that handles WAVs, it sounds like you might have an older version than GP needs to use or some such problem. Try replacing it with the latest version if you can find it from a source you trust (back your old one up first though, just in case!), or I think it is installed with DirectX if you want to upgrade that to a later version.

I have Directx 9c so I doubt that's the problem, and it's really late here so I'm going to sleep and I'll handle fmod tomorrow. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@automatic)
Topic starter  

I looked in my fmod folder in the GP program files and its just got effect kind of stuff, like Echo, Chorus, Reverb, Low/Highpass, Distortion and stuff like that, is that how it's supposed to be? That doesn't seem like anything to turn a gp file into a .wav, just give it effects.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

That's how it is on mine, the fmod dll is called 'fmodex.dll' and is in 'C:Program FilesGuitar Pro 5'. It's version 0.4.1.7 and it's 245,760 bytes. I've put it on a site ( http://piran.co.uk/gn/fmodex.dll ) in case yours is missing/older/etc.

ReplyQuote
(@automatic)
Topic starter  

ok I see fmodex, but its not in the fmod folder.

Theres Program Files > GP > RSE > FX > FMOD > all the effects are here

And then Program Files > GP > fmodex.dll and it's the same version as you.

All of that's right?

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Yep, seems to be. I can't think of anything else to try. Might be worth emailing the maker's tech support? http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=support

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I put all the settings for highest quality and after I hit play like it says to I get that error message and it keeps playing but nothings saved.

It sounds like this might be your problem. Try 16 bit depth and 44100 sample rate.

ReplyQuote