Clear all

Home Recordin- Double Tracking

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey....probably stupid question and that but.....Well...ive got Adobe Audition and previously had it when it was just called Cool Edit and..well ive been recording songs before and theyve been ok but now im looking to record my first full CD theres a few things ive ran into. And i have a single guitar song that i think really needs multi-tracking to make the sound more 'beefier' but everytime i double track it it just sounds all messy....anyone know what controls ill have to fiddle with to get rid of the 'messy' sound or another way i can get a double tracked sound without double tracking????? :S

Hmmmm....any help would b great....

cheers!!

NeM H

Rain Shadow

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You are working with Wav. files? Have you tried inserting it into the track on another track. You may try adding a little delay to the inserted track and rolling off some of the Eq on both tracks.

Couple thoughts

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

I just asked the same ? in another forum, since I was wondering if you could double things up via cut and paste then mix eq-ing without having to re-record, and the answer was not really. I was told, and subsequently tried, to record a guitar part, then pan it all the way left, re-record the same part and pan all the way right. It sounded much bigger that way.

If things are getting messy, do like forrok said and play with the eq, or even better use a different guitar all together.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@furious_b)
Eminent Member

You could also throw some chorus on your guitar track, it may make it sound a little bigger. Also try reverb, with a good amount of predelay, that makes things sound really big.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I just tried a double track by inserting the same track 1 into another track 2, added a little delay and Eq then mixed them down to track 3, bounced everything to track 4. Saved track 4.. Sounded great out of the monitors, worth a try.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

There's an article in the march Guitar Player that talks about this however it's mostly been covered. Essentially using a delay at around 5 ms. Pan the direct signal left to 9 oclock and the effect signal right to 3 o'clock. When you're double tracking it doesn't hurt to use a click track to get your parts on time. It's not easy but you can do it.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hey, thanks Hueseph! Going to try that one myself. :D

ReplyQuote