is this possible or just crazy

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@johnnywhiteshoes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hey all at GN,

im planning on buying a Behringer F-CONTROL AUDIO FCA202 FireWire Audio Interface to make my recordings better instead of having to use a soundcard. i hav a behringer xenyx1002FX mixer and a behringer C1 condenser mic. to make my sound even better im also planning on buying a behringer (yes i love this brand) minimic mic800 mic preamp. my question is whether i can combine all of this equipment? if so, what order can i link it in to my comp? and also, would the mic preamp help more with my sound boost and quality for recording?

comments and tips appreciated, thanks

Jordan

"If you give a man a Les Paul guitar, he doesn't become Eric Clapton. If you give a man an amp and a synthesizer, he doesn't become whoever. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

(@alangreen)

There comes a point when the law of diminishing returns will kick in. Won't the mixer and the pre-amp be doing the same job?

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Alan is right.
The Xenyx mixer has good mic pre-amps, so will not gain anything by adding an extra minimic mic800 mic preamp.

Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@johnnywhiteshoes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

okay, thanks for the replies, yeah i thought that the mic preamp in the mixer would do just fine, just wanted to check to see if i could've made it any better. :)

"If you give a man a Les Paul guitar, he doesn't become Eric Clapton. If you give a man an amp and a synthesizer, he doesn't become whoever. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

ReplyQuote