Clear all

lame dll ??

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I have been recording a few bits and pieces over the last couple of months and every thing has been running very smoothly .

Yesterday I recorded a new song and for some reason Lame Dll file won't convert it into MP3 format .

Solutions I have treid

1 . convert to wave file __ That worked but won't convert to MP3

2. DELETE Lame and reinstall __ Did not work

any other suggestions ?

Hilch :?:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

What operating system are you using? I'm not familiar with that program though sorry. What format does that program record and save files as?

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm using XP

Files are saved as Audicity files , then you can export them as Wave or MP3 files ( well when it s working it does ..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

If all of a sudden you can't export maybe its the lame. I mean when I downloaded lame I noticed they had different lames and I just choose one out of many. This is just a hunch though not sure. Go to that lame website and try downloading a different one

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good suggestion, jonetoe.

I might also check the setup for Audacity and ensure you are still pointing to the location that the lame.dll resides. I just keep the folder on my desktop and in Audacity point to that folder for the lame.dll. (and you wonder why they call it lame?!?!) :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Would it happen to be lame_enc.dll that you need to download. When my Audacity would export to mp3's that the file I had to get to make it work.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Two things that may help. Try turning off the computer and rebooting. If that don't work try system restore and go back a few days. for whatever reason sometimes the PC gremlins like to mess with files, any way this has worked for me in the same situation.Hope this helps--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@straycatdude)

Would it happen to be lame_enc.dll that you need to download. When my Audacity would export to mp3's that the file I had to get to make it work.
Yep, thats the one I use too. Try also re-checking the preferences on Audacity, I have sometimes noodled a bit with them and had to go back to the original settings.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

^I haven't used Audacity for my own recordings yet, just ripping songs from people's myspace sites. The error I got when trying to export told me to download that file, and it worked fine after.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

you could always export to wav and use goldwave to convert the wav to mp3?

ReplyQuote