Clear all

MIDI?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys, so I was looking at making a little cheap in home studio. I would like to get a MIDI controller, possibly the Avid KeyStudio which comes with the USB interface and Pro Tools SE. But lets say I wasnt going to get that one. If I bought just any old one what else do you need with it? I also read that Pro Tools SE doesnt come with much at the start. If that is true how much does it cost to get more?

Also if anyone knows of a cheap or free software to replace Pro Tools. I would like to be able to easily record and play a wide variety of synthesizers, such as organs and drums.

Thank You!

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hey guys, so I was looking at making a little cheap in home studio. I would like to get a MIDI controller, possibly the Avid KeyStudio which comes with the USB interface and Pro Tools SE. But lets say I wasnt going to get that one. If I bought just any old one what else do you need with it? I also read that Pro Tools SE doesnt come with much at the start. If that is true how much does it cost to get more?

Also if anyone knows of a cheap or free software to replace Pro Tools. I would like to be able to easily record and play a wide variety of synthesizers, such as organs and drums.

Thank You!
Reaper is a complete audio and midi multitrack recording system that a LOT of pro engineers use for remote systems and in their home studios. It's also got excellent support for virtual instruments. It's less expensive and far more powerful than ProTools SE.

This track was done with Reaper: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=3239750
The bass line was done with a midi keyboard controlling a VST synth using an upright bass sample.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ok thank you... so does reaper come with all the samples or do you have to find those on your own?

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Ok thank you... so does reaper come with all the samples or do you have to find those on your own?

There's a LOT of good VST Instruments out there for free. http://www.vstplanet.com/

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote