Music Den

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

So...

I am planning on moving my "music Room" from an empty upstairs bedroom to my living room downstairs.

I am calling it a music den in order to make the wife happy. It would have a nice seating area with TV/Stereo, etc. along with an area for setting up the instruments. Guitar/bass/keys/ small drum kit.

I want this room to sound as nice as possible without breaking the bank on acoustic treatments. Plus I want it to look more like a den than a dedicated music room. Trying to come up with some ideas for wall and window treatments, etc. to help with sound control.

My first floor is on a concrete slab so that will be some nice mass that I hope will help with the bass end of the spectrum. Maybe put the amps on isolation pads.

I am thinking heavy curtains on the windows and maybe some kind of tapestry wall hangings to take the place of acoustical panels. I know its not the best situation but I am not going to be doing any real recording in here. Just a nice jam/practice room.

Of course just having furniture in the room will help as well. I may also build a bass trap that is incorporated into the cabinets where instruments, etc will be stored.

Any suggestions?

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Any suggestions/advice folks?

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

ReplyQuote
(@robertkar)

If you are looking for a good quality acoustic panels, try Addictive Sound. Once I've started my work as a producer i didn't know much about that. I found them https://asound.pl , made a call and they told me everything that's important in that case. Prices are negotiable, and the support is really friendly and helpful - that's my honest recommendation. Good luck!

ReplyQuote