Clear all

New Comp

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I just got a new computer. Yay. I also got an audigy 2 platnium sound card that i put in there. I cant wait till i get home, it came with cubasis so i can record now. Im just wondering, you think ill still get problems with distorting the signal (digital distortion i mean)? I sure hope not. If so then ill go out and get the parts to make a direct box or just get a direct box... Whatever. Anyone know anything bout them?

aka Izabella

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

I think the Audigy has an instrument input, shich should aleviate any problems you might have had with distortion. If not then you're still going to need a DI or Preamp. Behringer makes cheap ones.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

You didn't need it before actually. Connect the AC112 line-out to whatever you had Line-in, use Creative Recorder to record it with the build-in limiter to .wav, and then use whatever you want to convert it to mp3, mix it, add effects etc.

But have fun with the comp. :D

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I had done that and i found it a bit lacking. Its fine though, the other soundcard probably would sell for 5, maybe 10 bucks. This ones better :).

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote