Peavy ReValver Anyone?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys,
Just curious if anyone has used or heard Peavy's ReValver mk 3 software? I just heard about it, but usually you just hear about Amplitube and Guitar Rig. And of course, if anyone knows how it compares to the other two, that'd be useful info =). Thanks!

vgo
(@vgo)

I really like it, when it comes to the sound it's the best amp modelling software out there. The user interface could be better and this is something that the Guitar Rig does a bit better.

I've just ordered a proper audio interface to do some more experimenting with both of them, so I'll probably post more about them in a week or so. I also have a MIDI pedal with 10 buttons and 2 expression pedals, should be fun to play with. :)

ReplyQuote
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wow, thanks for the input on ReValver Vgo. It sounds awesome. I might download the trial version and check it out. I've already tested out Amplitube and GR and am just trying to figure out which to buy. After you've had more time to test it out, leave us a follow-up post and let us know what you think =).

ReplyQuote
 vgo
(@vgo)

Got the new M-AUDIO Fast Track Pro USB audio interface today and I immediately started to play with it.

I've connected my guitar to the instrument input on the audio interface and then I use either ReValver or Guitar Rig for adding effects etc. then I take the sound from the audio interface's TRS output to my Peavey Valveking's effects return.
I've connected my MIDI pedal to the audio interface too and I can switch presets and control parameters for effects like pitch shifter and wah with the expression pedals, very cool! :)

The sound is a bit thin compared to the preamp on the Valveking, but I guess I just have to use EQ to fix that. I don't notice any kind of delay in the sound, like I did with the old onboard soundcard, it seems like a good audio interface is a must.

Deciding between ReValver and Guitar Rig is tough, I like ReValver's sound more, but the user interface is better in Guitar Rig, also there's thousands of presets available on the net for it, not so much for the ReValver.

ReplyQuote
 vgo
(@vgo)

Been playing with both Guitar Rig and Revalver a bit more and I have to say that Guitar Rig is the one for me.

The user interface in Revalver is just hopeless compared to GR. In GR there's tape decks for easy access for recording, also the tuner can be used by a click of button, in Revalver you have to add a module to the current preset through the menus. Also the way how GR displays the banks and presets available on the left is very nice, in Revalver you have to choose them from some stupid drop down menus.

In the end the sound isn't that much better in Revalver either, I was trying to get the Valveking amp sound like the real thing (I have a Valveking head with 4x12 cabinet), but out-of-the-box it's NOTHING like it, one would expect that if they model their own amp it would actually sound like the real thing or at least close to it...

MIDI seems to be a bit easier to use in Revalver, in GR I have some trouble setting up my foot controller.

In GR you can really see that it's an older piece of software. Peavey should have copied the user interface as closely as possible, or at least made it customizable.

Overall Guitar Rig seems to be far superior to Revalver, which is a shame - I really love Peavey's amps, but they should stay out of the software business.

ReplyQuote